I read on another forum that someone used a 9 volt battery to stop oral herpes sores. I guess it is like Hulda Clark's electronic "zapper" that uses different frequencies to kill different pathogens like herpes virus. So I tried using it on my genital herpes sore. 9 volt battery, wire leads, and aluminum foil contacts. Water on contacts improves conduction. Sometimes the pain is unbearable and I have to stop to rest. You know the feeling when you put a 9 volt battery on your tongue? I figure anything that hurts that bad has to be working to kill the virus, and since the virus lives in the nerves the pain might be from the nerves themselves being shocked. Supposedly there is no way to get to the nerves, but maybe electricity does. I switched to a battery jack that I can select from 1.5, 3, 6, 9, and 12 volts so I can vary the intensity. I am new to herpes so I don't know what to expect, or how long the sores last so I cant compare by experience. Trying everything I can think of - internal and topical, plus the 9 volt thing.