1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

anybody having facial pains from herpes

Discussion in 'Just signed up? Say hello here!' started by teecee, Apr 21, 2010.

1. teecee

teecee Newbie

Im new to the forum. I was told I have some kind of herpes. I been having extreme pain on one side of my face. I started to take medicine for 10 days and pain, burning would go away. this is been happening for at least 3 to 4 years now. At one point they thought it was some type of TMJ but have been seeing a chiropacter, he thinks it's the herpes virus.
    Recently the pain is not going away and the doctor placed me on veltrax everyday. When i'm on medicine, the pain is almost at 5-10 percent from 100 W/O medicine.
    I do not have visible sores on mouth area but inside my inner thighs, I do see reddish marks that are very itchy, but the medicine makes it less itchy and goes away.
    My question: is anybody out there having similiar reactions.. sometimes I don't think it's herpes but I'm really confused.
    It's not the end of world and I feel good on medicine.
  2. sufferer

sufferer Newbie

Hello :wavey: Like you I'm new to this forum... I don't have GH but get cold-sore outbreaks on my face and chest on the right side of my body. I suffer a great deal of pain from them even when they're not there or I have an outbreak. Doctor seems to think it's neuralgia. sometimes the pain is so bad I have to take Amitriptiline sedatives and the glands on the back of my head all swell up...

the doctor told me that the neuralgia is something completely different and not linked to cold-sores, however, I now think differently as I never had a problem until I was diagnosed with cold-sores and the pain only comes on one side of my face and head where I get the outbreaks!!

So yep I know how you feel an the pain is horrible too.. Sedatives should help whilst the outbreak is really bad but strong pain killers will do the trick too xx