1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

can genital herpes get on your arm?

Discussion in 'Herpes Symptoms' started by Anonymous, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have blisters on my arm that seem to be spreading. they come up every few months and feel like a bruise and are itchy. they also leave scars. i showed my dr and she told me you cant get herpes on your arm. does anyone out there konw or have expericene with this? thanks
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. ashley kylie

ashley kylie Newbie

I can tell you one thing you can get herpes on your arm. It will break out if your sick, stressed, or out in the sun. It looks like a few little blisters and then forms into one. It doesnt always form into one big blister though. Then it will pop and go away. The best way to know for sure if you have it is to go to the dr's when you have an outbreak and tell them you want a swab done on the sore. They will pop it and use to swab to collect the fluid. It doesnt hurt. Then you will find out in a few days for sure. The sore is usually itchy. I had 3 dr's tell me it was exema and then the 4th and 5th say it was shingles. So I went to a 6th dr who did the swab. It is very contagious and will spread so please go get it checked out by a non-idiot dr.
  4. NTR

NTR Newbie

my girlfriend has herpes, as do i. she got what looked like herpes on her foot. it went away. then on her leg twice. the second time it was on her leg, she went to the doctor. turns out it was ring worm. looks identical. she kept reinfecting herself with the ringworm fungus and didnt know it.
    i could of sworn it was herpes too.
  5. marriedwchildren

marriedwchildren Active Member

Anonymous,

Yes you can get herpes on your arm or anywhere else that was exposed to the virus.

Look at the bright side of this, if it is herpes type 1 the chances of you getting it down under are greatly reduced since you would already have the antibody to the same strain. I wish i would of thought of that and had my hubby rub is active cold sore on my arm rather than me getting in my crotch.;) Take care.
  6. fed up london girl

fed up london girl Newbie

I also have herpes on my arm .it comes out very often usually once a month but sometimes more.i take acyclovir which helps to shorten the duration of an outbreak.
  7. lilone

lilone Member

could it be poison ivy?

Anyone know how to tell the difference between herpes and poison ivy on your arm? Got a patch of tightly clustered red bumps that itch like crazy and assumed it was poison ivy because my dog walks around in poison ivy every time he has to pee and then sleeps on my bed. but now I'm thinking it could be herpes....
  8. fed up london girl

fed up london girl Newbie

the difference between poisen ivy and herpes is that herpes always tends to appear at the same location.if u were walking your dog and it was poisen ivy i imagine the rash would come out in different places wher you had come into contact with the poisen ivy.
  9. beachday

beachday Active Member

misc bumps

I seem to have one blister that looks like a mosquito bite in places on my arm that itched like crazy. then one on my thigh and then a cluster near each of my hips. Is the H just moving on my body until it finds one home or what?

NOthing on my crotch right now. I don't get it.
  10. Eurydice

Eurydice Active Member

Hi beachday,
    Was your first OB four months ago?
    You can spread H only during the initial OB, doesn't happen later.
    This summer is horrible with mosquitoes. They even get to the apartments and bite you at night. Also, could be some allergy. It's hot, they add lots of MSG to food and most people have problem with those chemicals. Relax now.
    I remember, 4 months after infection everything was extremely itchy on my body, bite, no bite, everything... and of course I was going nuts, that I spread it. But I knew I didn't. I was extra careful, but still any zyt, bump scared me like hell.
    Don't worry about those things. If it's not in your crotch, you are still fine.
    If you have HSV2, remember it likes your panties area.:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  11. beachday

beachday Active Member

I did have my first outbreak 4 months ago, good memory. but then I had a second outbreak on my face like three weeks ago. While that was healing I got the "bites" on my arm and hips and now a new one on my thigh. Maybe they are bites or allergies. Whatever it is, I am totally paranoid.
    Fortunately, not paranoid to stop doing my normal stuff for the most part.
  12. Eurydice

Eurydice Active Member

I remember your OB on your face , you were afraid to show up at new job with that.
    And you say that work keeps your thoughts away from herpes. Keep it that way.
    You are stressing yourself too much. Your doctor told you that you got it from oral sex. I don't think you spread it. It would a be bunch of little blisters not a single bump. Try some allergy drug: Reactine? Works for bites and allergies. Don't get upset, take vit C for your skin and zinc.
    Good luck.;)
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  13. beachday

beachday Active Member

now i got it

well now I do have an OB on my crotch. And right now it itches like crazy. I spent hours this morning researching more drugs to take and it is making me crazy.

I take lysine and I was trying BHT for the last two weeks. But, I also had two chocolate munchkins on Friday and one on Saturday. Could my immune system be ok and it's just the chocolate that caused the OB? Time to finally give it up?
  14. Eurydice

Eurydice Active Member

You just answered your question, try chocolate ice cream instead. Has more lysine than arginine. I hope so. Chocolate milk has, so ice cream should have it too. I miss chocolate so eat ice cream. But will have stay away from oranges.
    Had a few and just noticed something like a cut down there. But I don't even feel it, so it's hard to decide what the hell is going on with my body. Maybe antibiotic is also bad for Herpes Outbreaks. Cannot help it, just got an ear infection.:mrgreen: Jeez, I hate outbreaks.
  15. beachday

beachday Active Member

I do think I read somewhere today that antibiotics are not good and may cause outbreaks. I am sorry to hear you are now having one too.

I am glad to hear that chocolate ice cream is ok. I do love ice cream and I only like chocolate!!! Praying that my OB sticks to the one or two blisters I seem to have right now.

NO oranges, that is a bummer. I thought oranges were only bad during outbreaks not the cause of one. What a pain!!!