1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Can there be too much of a good thing?

Discussion in 'Herpes Treatment Zone' started by Finallyhopeful, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Finallyhopeful

Finallyhopeful Active Member

Since my virus has gone active, I have been doing research about medications and supplements that help. I now have a basket full of pill bottles that could put any senior citizen to shame. Here are the things I am taking:
    Valtrex
    Lysine
    Garlic
    Olive leaf extract
    Echinacea
    Ginseng
    Daily multivitamin
    Astragalus
    Biotin (in case the valtrex messes with my hair)

Does anyone else take this many things to try to control their virus? Does it seem okay to take this many supplements? I'm just looking for the right combo to become as ob free as possible.

Thanks for the help!
  2. jaidenxo

jaidenxo Newbie

Hey! I'm doing a very similar regiment of multi-vitamins myself. Technically you can never take too many however you may be peeing away a lot of your money if you're taking a large amount of all of them on a regular bases. I try to make sure I take my supplements with a meal, follow the amount recommended and exercise daily. Taking so many won't harm you but your body can only absorb so much, just be sure your not over doing it and wasting your money.
    Ps. Everyones different however I find it make a big difference in the duration of my outbreaks.
  3. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

Take this list to your doctor or pharmacist and ask there input. Perhaps there are things on this list that should not be taken together or some things that cancel out the others. Only they would be able to tell you.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB
  4. Happyhopeful

Happyhopeful Member

I can't speak for anyone else buy im lazy by nature. That much stuff I cannot keep up with. HOWEVER,.. many of the things you've listed are sold in combination form. Ie. the lysine I take has echinacea, garlic (i think) propolis, etc already in it so maybe you can search for herbals /vitamins that combine these things.
  5. Finallyhopeful

Finallyhopeful Active Member

Ooooh! Good idea! I'll look for those!