1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

cold sore in new places on lip.. does virus migrate?

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by sepulchralx, Dec 15, 2008.

1. sepulchralx

sepulchralx Newbie

Usually have outbreak on upper right side of lip, last winter started having them on bottom right side for the first time.. today i got a ob on the bottom left side of lip..

They are painless tiny blisters... Does the virus migrate? How after 5 years of remembrance do i have cold sores for the first time on the right side of my mouth?

I'm using the Herpotherm (hotkiss) and i'll let you all know how it works out.. It totally stopped one of my obs that i could actually feel the tingling of.
  2. Morning

Morning Active Member

I wonder if, when you stifled that outbreak, the virus got slick and decided to pop up in a new spot? Given that HSV travels down nerve bundles and the outbreaks occur at nerve endings, it is logical that a sore could pop up at a different nerve ending than the usual one. But I see your point about it not following it's usual pattern. Just goes to show this virus is tricky. I know for me I get sores in the same spots usually, but every now and then a sore will pop up on a different spot on my vagina or anus.

Morning