1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Does smoking pot / marijuana help reduce outbreaks?

Discussion in 'Herpes Treatment Zone' started by JPNY, Nov 23, 2011.

1. JPNY

JPNY Newbie

I'm curious if anyone has tried smoking pot to reduce their daily stress and possibly reduce outbreaks? I seem to have had more CS outbreaks lately and I am pretty sure they are stress related. Would love any feedback/opinions on this. Thanks so much.

2. JBnATL

Staff Member Super Moderator

Marijuana has a negative affect on your immune system, and anything that hurts your immune system helps this virus.

If you want to reduce the stress in your life, take up yoga.

JB

3. JPNY

JPNY Newbie

Thanks, that makes sense. And I agree yoga is wonderful, I have been doing it for years. Namaste.

4. luckyCat

luckyCat Active Member

Ive been known to smoke a lil doobage every so often. I dont know that I would rely on it purely as a tool to prevent possible outbreaks, but I dont think will be too bad if you like to imbibe every now and again. Sometimes I like to have a little bit at the end of the week once all my priorities are taken care of, fire up the PS3 and just chill.

5. simpleturtle

simpleturtle Newbie

I've been wondering the same thing but for a different reason.. When I was first diagnosed a year and a half ago I already smoked occasionally but picked it up much more frequently..Like..all day every day.. eventually I came down to just every other day.. and now it's about every few days.. i wouldn't say i've seen much of a difference in it making it worse or better and i definitely wouldn't rely on it .. buuttttt... It does keep me from emotionally breaking down. Which I've noticed I get irritated 'down there' when I "go off the deep end" from emotional stress..

So... it did help me ..does..

6. Kitty123

VIP Member

I get irritation "down there" too when I am emotionally breaking down! Its amazing how QUICK the virus reacts to how your body reacts!

And I partake...oh yes.