1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Does your outbreaks on your lips or face ooze or pus?

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by F1017, Jun 7, 2009.

1. F1017

F1017 Newbie

Does anyone here have outbreaks (OB's) that ooze a clear pus that turns yellow or goldish and crust over? Is that normal or do i have impetigo? That is what is going on with me. Soars that are oozing like that. They never hurt, but man do this ITCH!

Any feed back?
  2. ntdc

ntdc Well-Known Member

Sounds like it could be either, you should have it looked at by a dermatologist. Impetigo should be cleared rather easily with treatment.
  3. F1017

F1017 Newbie

nobody's oozes a liquid that forms a yellow crust?
  4. Shayna

Shayna VIP Member

It sounds like you should have your doctor take a look at it. It's possible you have a secondary infection.
  5. artgirl87

artgirl87 Active Member

Yup, thats exactly what mine usually do...and I've had oral H for 16 years so I think I would know, haha. My mom has it too and thats also what hers looks like. The sore should dry up within a few days, kind of scab over, and then fall off. If it's still like that for a long period of time (maybe 9-10 days) then I would get it checked out.
  6. F1017

F1017 Newbie

I was diagnosed with contact dermatitis most likely from poison oak. The stuff on my face never scabbed and actually is almost gone now in 4 days. I have it all over my body too. torso, legs, arms, foot, hand, fingers even. My dermatologist gave me prednisone to take for 1.5 weeks to stop my allergic reaction. I am taking benadryl for the itch and to help me sleep. I should get my blood test back tomorrow to verify I do not have herpes, but my Derm was insistent that I do not. Thank you all for advice and feedback. This is a very positive site. You are all doing a good thing here.
  7. JeansAndT

JeansAndT Active Member

oh F1... I thought you were in the clear <<sigh>>

check in with us when you can kiddo.
  8. F1017

F1017 Newbie

I am in the clear. I have poison ivy or oak or sumac. Not sure. It is already much better. Can't even see it on my face now. They gave me Prednisone, 40 mgs a day to combat my allergic reaction to it.