1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Girl w/Genital Herpes kissed me and sucked my penis... Can I get it????

Discussion in 'Herpes Symptoms' started by ChevyBoy84, May 13, 2007.

1. ChevyBoy84

ChevyBoy84 Newbie

I have just been told that this girl I was with last night has genital herpes. Me made out and she sucked my penis. I didn't touch her genitals at all! Can I get it? Are the chances high? What do I do???? Im freaking out!!!
  2. WaxedWrong

WaxedWrong Active Member

OMG YES YOU CAN.

jesus, GENITAL HERPES, unless she kissed you w/ her vagina lips not possible.
  3. ChevyBoy84

ChevyBoy84 Newbie

So yes I can? Or were you being sarcastic? Please dont scare me. I am freaking out right now.
  4. WaxedWrong

WaxedWrong Active Member

UNLESS HER VAGINA TOUCHED YOU -you cant get it
  5. ChevyBoy84

ChevyBoy84 Newbie

Well she did say it was only genital herpes. So just to make sure ...

I can't get it from making out with her or by her giving me head .... right?

You have no idea how much of a reality check this is. I am so scared right now...
  6. Shayna

Shayna VIP Member

Did she tell you this?

Do you know for sure that she just has genital herpes?

Why don't you ask her exactly what her herpes situation is?

It might be a difficult conversation for you both, But you need to know. It will also help you in the future when you need to ask someone you are going to be intimate with about any type of communicable diseases they may have.

Hopefully this will have a good outcome for you! You can learn from it to be respectful, careful, ask questions, and have a hsv free life. You might be a lucky one.
  7. ChevyBoy84

ChevyBoy84 Newbie

Well i did talk to her. And I guess she only has outbreaks on her vagina and not in her mouth or anythin like that. I still have plans to see a doctor but do you think I could have gotten it if i didnt come in contact with any sores or outbreaks?
  8. Shayna

Shayna VIP Member

I don't believe you can get it without being in contact with the area that has it.
    Do see your doctor though, That a good idea.
  9. Caliope

Caliope Well-Known Member

it is a good thing that she told you her status before you performed oral sex on her or engaged in genital contact. not everyone will be so upfront. I hope that you are respectful of her honesty and consider her feelings before sharing her std status with others.

If she has oral herpes you can get it in your genital area from her performing oral sex on you but this does not mean you did get it. If she does not have oral hsv then you should be just fine.

If she has genital herpes and you touched her anywhere in the vaginal area such as sexual intercourse or giving her oral sex you could get it.

you should be informed that condoms are not 100% effective against contracting herpes from someone who is infected which means that even if you use a condom you are still taking a risk because the infection is not always in the areas that are covered by a condom. Skin to skin contact can transmit the virus.

Yes there are antiviral medications that can reduce transmission and combined with safer sex practices can prevent infection.

there are many std's that can be transmitted through either oral or genital sexual contact.
  10. WaxedWrong

WaxedWrong Active Member

good idea to go to the doc, but youll be alright, you can relax.
    she prob should have mentioned herpes to you before anything even happened, but some people just dont do that.
  11. ChevyBoy84

ChevyBoy84 Newbie

How many days does it take to feel symptoms? Can you feel anything like 5 hours after or am I just making my brain feel things.
  12. Caliope

Caliope Well-Known Member

true symptoms can show up as early as 2 days after exposure but as far out as 21 days for most people. Some people never have symptoms.

if all you did was allow her to perform oral sex on you and she does not have an oral infection of herpes you will not have an ob or symptoms because you won't be infected.

If you want to get tested you will probably have a negative test result. If you were infected it takes weeks for antibodies to develop and show up in a blood test. If you should develop blisters or ulcers on your penis or in the area around the base of your penis in the next month you should get yourself to the dr and get the blisters swabbed and get a test that way. If you go the route of numerous blood tests you will want to wait to have a second one until about 12 weeks from exposure and it still may be negative and then again a month or so later and refrain from sexual contact in the mean time so that you don't take any risks of infecting someone else.

but . . . if she doesn't have oral herpes you could be putting yourself through a lot of stress for no good reason. do you believe her? she told you she has genital herpes and if you didn't go there you should be just fine.
  13. WaxedWrong

WaxedWrong Active Member

yea, if you really put yourself through the ringer, you will def start to develop symptoms, its like if 1 person on a plain says they are sick, then everyone starts to develop the sickness, why... cause they think since they are confined in the plane w/ the person that they have to have it... mass paranoia.

thats why you need to relax, a) you will feel better b) if you do have herpes which is VERY unlikly, herpes and stress are not the greatest friends and can cause a ob.
  14. ChevyBoy84

ChevyBoy84 Newbie

Well I just called the doctor and I will be having a full blood work done. Hopefully I will test out negative. All I can say is this was a huge eye opener for me. I was, and still am, scared to death.
  15. ChevyBoy84

ChevyBoy84 Newbie

One more queestion ... If she was having an genital herpes outbreak at the time ... but all we did was make out and she performed oral sex on me ... can I still get herpes?
  16. hopingseeking

hopingseeking Active Member

No, you can't.