1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

H-Balm...Does it work???

Discussion in 'Herpes Treatment Zone' started by kdel0626, Aug 7, 2007.

1. kdel0626

kdel0626 Newbie

Has anybody tried H-Balm for cold sores?? I'm willing to try anything, but I don't want to waste my money. The websites seem to say it really helps, but that's what they all say. Has anybody been successful with it?
  2. Brucie

Brucie No longer a member

Can't say I have used this. What I have tried are tea tree oil lip balm and Herpacin - L lip balm as well as Carmex for cold sores on the lips. I like them all for various reasons. tea tree is very soothing and cooling and is known for its healing properties. The Carmex contains menthol and camphor as well as painkilling analgesics. The Herpacin _ L has lysine, lemon balm and sunscreen in it.

Sorry I know nothing about the H balm! :oops:
  3. bluefrog

bluefrog Active Member

i purchase H-balm daily and H-balm for outbreaks but I have yet to use either one. I purchased when I was first diagnosed, but so far, with the vitamin/herb regimine, no ob's, so i forget that i even have the stuff.
  4. bluefrog

bluefrog Active Member

UGH, sad, very sad.:( Well, I woke all night with a burning sensation in the vaginal area and it hurt each time i went to the bathroom. I investigated this morning and sure enough I am having an OB. (second one since my first one in April 2007). Anyway, I used the H-Balm for outbreaks and WOWEEEEEE, it burned like hell. Almost to the point I wanted to jump back in the shower and wash it off. Anyway, I sucked it up (bit the bullet), and just less than 2 hours later, the burning feeling has subsided; I just feel the discomfort of the ob right now. Sooooo, hopefully, in a day or two I will be able to report some good news regarding this product. Double UGH, I left home without taking my lysine today:(:(
  5. bluefrog

bluefrog Active Member

UGH, again, I am back. Guess I was in too much pain this morning to notice the smell of this H-balm. I smell like a medicine cabinet. I just hope to God that nobody at work smells it. This is just horrible.:cry:
  6. Cutegal

Cutegal Newbie

so??? other than the smells and the burning...did it worked on the outbreaks?
  7. bluefrog

bluefrog Active Member

well, on Friday I left town with two of my children and we spent the weekend away and shared a hotel room. Because of that, I did not even bring the h-balm with me. I did not have any pimples appear as with my first ob, just the one lesion that I saw last week. sooooo, aside from a little soreness occassionally, there is not thing there anymore. Hard to say whether that one dose of h-balm did the trick. it could be the vitamins and herbs i take since contracting this virus. not sure, hard to tell.......wish i could be more certain.
  8. annyi

annyi Active Member

I have never tried H-balm. But I did try a lot of other stuff. In my case, for an open lesion, anything with alcohol hurts, so I use "Blistex". It doesn't hurt and gave a faster heal. It is a tiny small white tube, expensive. So I only use it when the lesion is open. And use purell (or alcohol and aloe gel/tiger balm in two steps) when there was redish and bumps.
  9. bluefrog

bluefrog Active Member

What is tiger balm and where do you get that, over the counter?
  10. ICme

ICme Banned

hbalm and hbalm daily answers

bottom line, they seem to work. Ive been using for a good while. Use 'Hbalm Daily' on a daily basis with Lysine tablets. and avoid stress etc- if thats possible.

Hbalm Daily use it twice every day. wont sting as much as Hbalm, and seems to be good for irritation, inflammation, and general calming down of angry red areas and potential threats.

I would also suggest seeing a herpalist,as herbs are the only known way of flushing out a virus.

try this product.

[Advertising link removed by Admin] SPAMMER ALERT!
    all the best

PLEASE PASS THIS INFO ON!!!
    (PS-im in no way affiliated with the company/product)
  11. Anon

Anon Active Member

I tried it, both the stronger one and the daily one. Just like purell, betadinine, activated zinc, fluoride, etc, etc, H balm can killl hsv when its outside our cell. All of these products, when used frequently and daily, I think, can prevent outbreaks. The problem is the products are irritating, especially to women. Also, betadine/iodine and fluoride are bad for your body over time and can affect your thyroid. Hbalm is too strong to use the potent one 4 times a day and although i like the smell, my bf did not. It is also expensive over time. We need to find something to apply topically that is soothing, non-irritating, doesnt mess up our natural flors, that is convenient, and portable and non-staining that can kill hsv on contact. I am leaning towards active zinc and bht. I plan to go to a compounding pharmacy and make sure I get it in the right form and in the right dose. I need 2 do 2 do some research first. Once I do this, I am going to try to keep it up for a long time- at least a year. But I am so lazy, I worry I cant keep that up. Has anyone else tried?
  12. Floraa

Floraa Newbie

tiger balm

hi
    i tot tiger balm is to help stop the itchiness from mosquito bite?
  13. LondonGuy

LondonGuy Newbie

H-Balm didn't work for me

I've had this thing for 6 months now, I get Obs all the time and in the entire 6 months I haven't had a single day Ob free. H-balm was the very first thing I tried. I had to order it in from the U.S. I believed all the hype on their websie (just as I believed the hype on the web sites of other snake oils such as Dynamiclear). I really believed that not only would it make the Obs clear up quickly, but it would actually prevent recurrences. I used the extra strength H-balm on the sores and the H-balm daily everywhere else. I used it for about three months. I applied it several times a day. I would sneak off into the bathroom at work with my two bottles of H-balm, coming back smelling like eucalptus oil. It did absolutely nothing for me. The sores didn't go away quicker and it certainly hasn't reduced the occurrence of Obs.
  14. Roma

Roma Newbie

It Works!

I came across info online regarding H-Balm a couple of weeks ago when it was really hot..Knowing how I break out in cold sores from the heat, I tried to find something to try to fight it this time..I ordered it and had it sitting in my bathroom. Well, sure enough yesterday morning I woke up with that tingling feeling, ran to the mirror and I could see right where it was just starting. I busted out the H-Balm right away and have been applying every other hour like it states (btw I order the extra strength one)

I noticed after the first few hours of using it, there was no formation like it normally would have been at that point of my outbreaks. Its like it just stopped the sores from forming dead on. It is so tiny you cant hardly see anything! So we will see what difference there is tomorrow. I would think that starting it as soon as I did probably made the difference. So I was glad I thought ahead! If you have out breaks often, I would recommend ordering ahead and not wait until you have an outbreak.
  15. madison007

madison007 Active Member

i bought it

and i like it...i think its helps a "bit" but not as much as the website said it would. i also bought dynamiclear and it didn't seem to help UNTIL i sent it back! i applied it to my biggest "pimple", i opened it a bit after a shower and it stung a little but eh...then a blue scab formed but it kept falling off and it itched like crazy for several days (i think the dynamiclear made the itching worse) so i continued to put h-balm on it which helped and finally it "scabbed over" so i don't know if it actually helped or not but it isn't there anymore, the skin is just red BUT as for the other places i applied it, they just seemed to be getting worse. i have small pimples...knock on wood...so maybe dynamiclear isn't as effective in treating herpes that isn't more "open". h-balm seems to help with the itching and it produces a warming effect...3 weeks in and 1 and 1/2 weeks of using h-balm...i still have little sores and it doesn't look like they're going away any time soon. and now that i noticed that one gone, i wish i had kept the dynamiclear afterall especially since you can try it for 6 months for free YOUR FIRST ORDER. but whatever, i can always order it again in the future.
  16. trying2bpos

trying2bpos Newbie

HBalm - never again!

I also read the website purchases the HBalm strong (for use directly on the sores during an OB), HBalm daily, lysine tablets and the Hbalm soap.

I started to take the Lysine tablets which I have continued to do however I have thrown away the HBalm liquids - It states on the bottle that you are to use the liquid directly onto the sores - which might I add hurts like hell and stinks to high heaven!

I applied the stuff once, using a q-tip as it suggests to my genital area and went to bed. i €got up in the morning, stinking of the stuff! and in terrible pain. When I looked it had burnt my skin and I was in more pain than with the original OB - I had tried the stuff on other sensitive parts of the body which was fine but left me in major pain on application to the genitals.

I continued to apply it to the soles of my feet and base of the back and it had no effect on my OB - the only good thing I would say was it got me into taking lysine and the soap - it does not cure an OB but takes away the sore, itchy feeling.

It may only be me but I would not bother to spend money on this product!
  17. madison007

madison007 Active Member

silly me, i applied it DIRECTLY to my skin about 3 weeks ago after i had been applying tea tree oil, i switched because the other was drying out my skin and OMG it made it fire engine red! be careful...it works but just be careful.