1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

herpes and epilepsy

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by gs43, Oct 1, 2011.

1. gs43

gs43 Newbie

Can anyone tell me what the relationship between epilepsy and the hsv2 is. I have only been with 1 woman in my life and she has tested negative via blood test for hsv2. I was diagnosed with epilepsy as a child but never given further explaination. Is there any chance my epilepsy and hsv2 which is located on my eyebrow are related. I am trying to figure out how I contracted hsv2 when the only sex partner I ever had does not have it?
  2. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

There is no relationship between epilepsy and hsv2. There is some information about a possible relationship between it and hsv6 which is another strain of the virus.

Are you sure you have hsv2 and not hsv1? Most people get hsv1 from a kiss from a relative when they are a kid. HSV2 does not like to be around the face but hsv1 does. Do a blood test to make sure what you have.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB
  3. Kitty123

Kitty123 VIP Member

I have epilepsy and no. There is NO relation. They are two different kinds of conditions. One is neurological which affects the brain, and the other affects the nerves in the spine. Absolutely NO relation. I haven't had a seizure in 7 years. And i've been dx'd with HSV2 for only 1 year. Valtrex is KNOWN to cause seizures in some, but I only ever have partial seizures. I haven't had a grand mal in 7 years. Hope this helps.