1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

how to find a new guy

Discussion in 'Dating and Telling a Partner' started by ihatehim22, Nov 29, 2011.

1. ihatehim22

ihatehim22 Newbie

How is it that i find a new guy accepting of my "condition"? my family keeps telling me he will come along but truthfully i just want to have sex. is it fair for me to have sex with some random guy or should i inform him of my condition? Im just downright horny and i dont know what to do
  2. WarriorKing

WarriorKing Staff Member Super Moderator

You need to tell people first. If you don't want to wait to learn if you can trust and so on then go straight for the herpes dating sites and even the non herpes dating sites and reveal before you meet those guys. Herpes or no herpes, there are guys who also just want the physical thing. Always be cautious though, there are stalkers, and assholes too. You can't just "trust" people.
  3. RealisticGal

RealisticGal Well-Known Member

You could always get yourself a BOB.

:p
  4. winonabee

winonabee Member

What's a BOB? Lol
  5. GntiNh

GntiNh Staff Member Super Moderator

Battery Operated Boyfriend - from my experience a very good option, although make sure you have plenty of batteries (I've been known in the past to use the batteries out of other things!)
  6. wastedhousewife

wastedhousewife Active Member

Find someone on positive singles - you can look for just hook-ups, and then you do not need to worry about having any talk or the chance of spreading the virus, you can just get to business. This is a very common virus - there are people with herpes looking for all different kinds of relationships, and people without herpes who are not afraid of it! The trick is to accept yourself, once you do that, everyone else will too!
  7. lknforanswers

lknforanswers Newbie

Just be careful, herpes is not the only thing, and by far not the worst thing, you can catch while having sex. Very truthfully, with hookups it is always best to have protected sex. But you should always tell that you have herpes before hooking up.
  8. legallipstick

legallipstick Newbie

I understand your sexual frustration, I love/want/need sex but finding a random guy is not worth it. Use your imagination until you find someone accepting ;)
  9. chooseyourbattles

chooseyourbattles Well-Known Member

Nobody here is going to advise you to have sex without telling, because most of us are the result of someone else's making that decision.

Some people will have casual sex with you anyway. Or you could put an ad on Craigslist (unlike a herpes dating site, it's free. But I might be worried about the guys who turn up.)
  10. lookingforhope

lookingforhope Active Member

Always disclose....I know it sucks, but you have to. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.