1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

HSV2 IGG Type Specific >5.00 H HSV1 IGG Type Specific 0.90

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Aquarius7510, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Aquarius7510

Aquarius7510 Newbie

Could anyone elaborate what these levels mean? It's clear to me I have HSV2 please help.
  2. Happyhopeful

Happyhopeful Member

hi there. Im sorry but I don't understand your question. If you say it is clear to you that you have HSV 2 from those results then what is your question??????? If you are referring to the 0.9 I think that is right on the cutoff for equivocal. Im thinking that means you will have to get retested later because it could convert to positive (or Negative later)...but most times means "early" disease. I believe LESS than 0.9 is negative in most cases.
  3. Number7

Number7 Well-Known Member

It looks to me like you are surely positive for hsv2 and negative for hsv1--On your results it should give the ranges for positive, equivocal and negative. If it was the Elisa - it usually lists .90 as negative - .91-1.09 as equivocal and anything above 1.09 as positive

Did you have an active outbreak at any time or possibly a series of what you might have thought were yeast infections?