1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

hydrogen peroxide?

Discussion in 'Herpes Treatment Zone' started by notlikinghsv, Feb 26, 2010.

1. notlikinghsv

notlikinghsv Member

Has anyone used hydrogen peroxide to see if the virus is on the surface when there is no outbreak. When you feel the tingling then put hydrogen peroxide on the area. I read if it bubbles then the virus is on the surface of the skin. Do you know if this is true?
  2. againtsyou09

againtsyou09 Member

Where do you read that??
  3. newliediagnosed

newliediagnosed Banned

I have read about hydrogen peroxide

but I think that this treatment is dangerous. When the substance is injested with distilled water, it oxidizes everything in its path. This seems dangerous to me. I have also read that it can cause damage to mucous membranes.

I have read that a product called mms selectively oxidizes the body and leaves a residue of salt in the body. If you have thyroid problems, you should not take mms.

I am going to try mms.
  4. notlikinghsv

notlikinghsv Member

Hi, I am not talking about anything but dipping a q-tip in hydrogen peroxide and then dab it on the area you suspect may be shedding or a cold sore that is in the process of coming out. I read in Never an Outbreak that the hydrogen peroxide will bubble if the virus is on the surface. Just wondering if it is true. Does anyone know?
  5. tearsforfears

tearsforfears Member

Yes..I beleive this is correct...I do know that when there is no visual sores on the area where I always outbreak...but alot of itching....I continue applying hydrogen peroxide and not only does it start to bubble where the viral particles are shedding,but it starts to turn into a white scab so to speak that continues to get larger if you keep applying hp....if I have no itching...the skin is pink and normal..I can apply all the hp I want and nothing happens...So yes...I beleive there is validity to that claim
  6. regret

regret Well-Known Member

hydrogen peroxide will bubble on any surface cuz their are germs on everything..it wouldnt do much good to use it on the skin if you dont have an outbreak..its good for drying up blistersfaster.. it doesnt take away the tingling or itchiness, if anything it may make it worse since hydrogen peroxide is good for drying out the skin
  7. notlikinghsv

notlikinghsv Member

Thanks for your input.
    I have put the hydrogen peroxide in the area I tend to get cold sores and when I have had a lesion it did bubble prior. Other times it has not bubbled. I have been using the hydrogen peroxide as a way to see if the virus is on the surface when no sore is there. Do not like the tingling. Can't tell if something is going to erupt, if I am shedding or it is in my imagination. We need a cure!
  8. fallenbutterfly2003

fallenbutterfly2003 Active Member

hmmm nope i havent looked down there..but i have put it on there when i felt one coming on. i ALWAYS put it on the sores and then cornstarch right after...and scabs up VERY quickly..thats my way i finally found to deal with and shorten them..works great!
  9. NCNY

NCNY Newbie

I don't know about the bubbling, I haven't tried that, but what I have tried is I never had a coldsore in my life, then about 2 weeks ago I see one forming on my lower lip. Immediately I started applying hp with a q-tip to the spot. The coldsore did not surface, and what had started to form went away in about 3 days.
  10. sakorean460

sakorean460 Member

true

I think it is true.
    i've tried it and it seems to work.
    my question is..does it detect all shedding..?
    no matter how little shedding is going on?