1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Itching while healing

Discussion in 'Coping with Outbreaks in Every Day Life' started by singersinger333, May 11, 2010.

1. singersinger333

singersinger333 Newbie

I've been diagnosed with HSV 1 on my genitals (female)/.
    So just wondering.
    Are you suppsoed to experience itching while healing?
  2. LiveYourLife2005

LiveYourLife2005 Newbie

Singer- I experienced horrible itching while healing. My sores had been healed for days and I had bad itching for about a week. It was terrible, so I believe it is normal.
  3. Tandy

Tandy No longer a member

It's now been 7 weeks since I was diagnosed. After I was totally healed up I itched like crazy, keeping me up at night. It never bothered me during the day. After reading on here I found out that things you eat can trigger it. I found that if I eat peanut butter or chocolate, that I itch. Just last night I was itching again and I remembered that I had eaten some chocolate yesterday afternoon. Those are the only two things that I personally have found trigger the itch.