1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Just found out Tuesday

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by OMG2011, Oct 19, 2011.

1. OMG2011

OMG2011 Newbie

I have found the man of my dreams, the perfect boyfriend, Mr. Right.....I can go on and on. It was love at first sight and I have been in heaven since then. Until yesterday, when the doctor calls to give me my results from my STD test that I took last Wednesday. My boyfriends birthday was last Friday, everything as always was perfect. We had intercourse and I felt discomfort during it but I was a little drunk and I really didnt say much about it. The next day intercourse again and certain positions were uncomfortable. Sunday night it was painful to pee, it felt like an urinary tract infection, but I get those often but It was not on the same level. I did some investigating to my genitals and I just assumed that I had rough sex and tore my vagina. Monday at work I couldn't sit down at work and it was excruciating to urinate. On a scale from 1-10 I would rate it a 12!!!! My body started to hurt, had a fever, chills and my tonsils started to swell. I was in shear pain. I finally went to the doctor on Wednesday and they told me there was significant amount of blood in my urine and that wasn't normal. She examined my vagina and notice a lot of lesions and ulcers in my vaginal canal.

The doctor suggested that I get a STD and I happily agreed to everything that they could test for. In the mean time she prescribed Doxycycline and Lortab and gave me a shot of antibiotics in my hip and told me not to go to work for the next two days.

Tuesday they call back stating that I have Herpes Simplex 2 and that I was recently infected with the virus. When she told me this I was devastated but at the same time calm. I have had this type of news before. Two years ago I was diagnosed with HPV and it went away. I am just mad at myself and I get what I deserve. I told my boyfriend and he took it worse than I did. He swears that he didn't know he had it. I was last tested in April and his last test was last December 2010. I just don't know how to feel about the situation. Can someone please help.
  2. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

Chances are your boyfriend did NOT know he had it. And any previous test probably did not include herpes because they don't test for hsv in standard STD tests. Most people get this from someone who does not know they have it. So chances are he did not.

Did you know 33% of people in Atlanta have genital herpes? I heard that at the support meeting at Piedmont Hospital. They meet monthly every second Thursday of the month. It is a great group. There is also a social group of Herpsters who get to gether monthly. Check out www.atlantahclub.com to learn more.

I have had this a long time and it means nothing to me. Read all you can about it and you will see it is no big deal. It is only a very common, mostly harmless virus.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB
  3. MyWingsRbroken

MyWingsRbroken Member

JB is right. Odds are he really did not know.
    But at least you guys can go through this together. You are not alone in your discovery.
    And you have all of us "fellow herpsters" to talk and vent to.
    Believe me when i say, it gets better. You are going through a process. When you get to acceptance...a peace will come and life goes on ..just as it always did before. It's okay.
  4. midgeb2

midgeb2 Newbie

My ex had to of been the one to give it to me but he said he doesnt have it cause he is fine but he is the only person I have ever been with so it has to be. I just found out today i have herpes and Im scared to pee it hurts so bad. I wait to the last second to pee then I cant go all the way. Idk what to do about that I just dont know anything Im only 19 and have herpes Im not a very reliable source but I don't think I have to know I just have to wait it out and hope for the best like I always do.
  5. HTXgirl

HTXgirl Active Member

OMG2011: As previous posters said above, chances are very high he didn't know. I didn't know I had it and I have calculated that I have had it for at least 2 years because my boyfriend (who I have had unprotected sex exclusively with for the last 2 years) does not have HSV1 or 2. It is crazy, but it is true and apparently, very common.

Get your BF tested and then go from there. If you both have it, at least you can go through it together.
  6. wastedhousewife

wastedhousewife Active Member

My boyfriend did not know he had it either - most people do not. I am not happy about some of the sexual choices he made before we got together, but that was his past and ultimately none of my business. I know he would never have slept with me if he had known he had it - so I'm glad he did not know, we are incredibly happy and it would have been terrible to miss the opportunity to be with him. If you're happy in your relationship, please do not let herpes ruin things. It is much easier to deal with if you are not on your own.
  7. OMG2011

OMG2011 Newbie

I had the same symptoms. On a scale of 1 to 10 urinating was a 12. Go to the doctor ASAP. My pain was so bad for my initial outbreak I could barely sit down or walk. It's been almost two weeks since I first diagnosed and there are high and low points throughout my days. I try not to dwell on it too much. I do feel better when I can talk to people who have had similar life changing events.
  8. Sohopeless

Sohopeless Newbie

OMG2011 I had similar symptoms and was also diagnosed with GH. It was devastating for me and I am still trying to deal with it. I feel better too when I talk to others who are going through similar situations so if you would like to talk let me know.
  9. OMG2011

OMG2011 Newbie

I definitely would like to have a sounding board. Thank you
  10. Number7

Number7 Well-Known Member

OMG - so your culture was positive and your blood test was negative? Your doctor gave you an antibiotic but did he/she also prescribe an anti-viral for you?