1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

kissing my kids goodnight

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by lovingmom, Feb 11, 2009.

1. lovingmom

lovingmom Newbie

I will die if I can't kiss my kids - there are 3 of them. Does anyone know about this. I never want them to feel how I feel and I do not ever want to infect them. I have no visible outbreak but I should still be aware. Should I wipe their cheeks off after I kiss them. My littlest will give me a mommy smootch on the lips and now I am paranoid. I got diagnosed today with no guidance except the internet and I am at work - subsequently crying in the bathroom. I can learn to live with this - just need to kiss my kids everyday. If you have any guidance, please share. I'm lost.
  2. gotitsowhat

gotitsowhat Well-Known Member

Why

do you think it would be bad to kiss your kids? You can't give them genital herpes unless you have sex with them (or sometimes babies get it during the birth process when the mother is unaware she has it and hasn't taken precaution). If it is cold sores, then don't kiss them when you are having an outbreak but otherwise, I would not worry about it. The chances of getting a cold sore must be weighed against the chances of kids feeling insecure because their mom was afraid to kiss them. About 80% of the population has cold sores, active or dormant, mostly dormant.

If you are really worried about this, ask a doctor about it. But I think the doctor will say the same thing I did; stop worrying and kiss those kids!