1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

List of herpes cure and vaccine research

Discussion in 'Herpes Cure Research' started by Cure Coming Soon, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Cure Coming Soon

Cure Coming Soon Active Member

I'm trying to compile a list of ALL cure and vaccine HSV research being conducted. This list would be extremely useful to those newly infected and also those wanting to read about research. If this information is one section of this website it would be a great quick reference and could be used for those who send letters/emails and make phone calls. Whatever I don't have on this list please reply with a link and who's doing the research.

Here's a list of herpes simplex virus research currently being conduct.

VACCINE RESEARCH

Harvard Medical School Professor David M. Knipe –
    Type of research “HSV2 Vaccine”
    Webpages – Personal, Knipe Lab, Herpes Vaccine Developed, Meet The Scientist Interview

Southern Illinois University Medical School Professor Bill Halford –
    Type of research “ – HSV1 Vaccine”
    Webpages – Herpes Vaccine, Bill Halford Awarded $400,000 grant,

BioVex - Biotechnology Company
    Webpage – Vaccine research, Bio-Medicine article,

GenVec, Inc. -
    Webpages – Grant For HSV-2 Vaccine Program, Grant for HSV-2 Vaccine Program (PDF), GenVec and Partners Get NIAID Backing,

University of California – Irvine Professor Dr. Anthony Nesburn –
    Type of research “HSV1 Eye Vaccine”
    Webpage - Halting herpes eye disease, Discovery Eye article,

Herpevac Trial for Women - GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals –
    Webpages – Herpevac, Herpevac Trial for Women,

CURE & OTHER RESEARCH

Vironova –
    Type of research “Inhibit virus HSV”
    Webpages – Vironova’s antiviral approach, Clincial Trails doucment,

Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (Bavituximab) –
    Type of research “Cure HSV 1&2”
    Webpages - Study shows Peregrine's bavituximab can cure lethal virus infections

Duke University Professor Bryan R. Cullen –
    Type of research “Cure – HSV1”
    Webpages - Personal, Time Magazine Article,

University of Florida Professor David C. Bloom –
    Type of research “Inhibit virus – HSV1”
    Webpages – Molecular basis of pathogenesis of the herpesviruses, Potential new herpes therapy studied,
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. ntdc

ntdc Well-Known Member

3. Cure Coming Soon

4. Miranda

Miranda Newbie

5. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

6. Cure Coming Soon

7. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

Not yet, but if I remember correctly, they had only been studying the virus for 5 months when they made this break through. So given more time perhaps this could be a cure.

I apologize if this was posted in the wrong place.

JB
  8. goddit22

goddit22 Active Member

also didn't see alphavax vaccine
  9. Cure Coming Soon

Updated list:

Here's a list of herpes simplex virus research currently being conduct.

Here's all that needs to be done before a vaccine or cure is released. Click here.

VACCINE RESEARCH

Harvard Medical School Professor David M. Knipe –
    Webpages – Personal, Knipe Lab, Herpes Vaccine Developed, Meet The Scientist Interview

Southern Illinois University Medical School Professor Bill Halford –
    Webpages – Herpes Vaccine, Bill Halford Awarded $400,000 grant,SIU Med School Receives NIH Grant to Study Herpes Vaccine,

BioVex - Biotechnology Company
    Webpage – Vaccine research, Bio-Medicine article,

GenVec, Inc. -
    Webpages – Grant For HSV-2 Vaccine Program, Grant for HSV-2 Vaccine Program (PDF), GenVec and Partners Get NIAID Backing,

University of California – Irvine Professor Dr. Anthony Nesburn –
    Type of research “HSV1 Eye Vaccine”
    Webpage - Halting herpes eye disease, Discovery Eye article,

Herpevac Trial for Women - GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals –
    Webpages – Herpevac, Herpevac Trial for Women,

Alphavax -
    Webpages – Main page, HSV Vaccine,

Mymetics -
    Type of research “HSV Vaccine”
    Webpages – HSV Introduction, HSV Article,

Cel-Sci (Leaps) -
    Type of research “HSV Vaccine”
    Webpages - Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Disease, LEAPS Technology Has Ability to Modify Immune Response,

CURE & OTHER RESEARCH

Vironova –
    Type of research “Inhibit virus HSV”
    Webpages – Vironova’s antiviral approach,

Duke University Professor Bryan R. Cullen –
    Type of research “Cure – HSV1”
    Webpages - Personal, Time Magazine Article,

University of Florida Professor David C. Bloom –
    Type of research “Inhibit virus – HSV1”
    Webpages – Molecular basis of pathogenesis of the herpesviruses, Potential new herpes therapy studied, UF article,
  10. herpesufferer

herpesufferer No longer a member

You forgot to mention the research currently conducted by Nanobio, which I personally find the most promising:

Nanobio
    Oral herpes: product characteristics (http://www.nanobio.com/Dermatology/Herpes-Labialis.html), product on the company pipeline (http://www.nanobio.com/Dermatology/Product-Pipeline.html).

Genital herpes: product characteristics (http://www.nanobio.com/Anti-infectives/Genital-herpes.html), product on the company pipeline (http://www.nanobio.com/Anti-infectives/Product-Pipeline.html).
  11. Cure Coming Soon

This doesn't appear to be a cure or a way to inhibit the virus. It seems this research is to speed up the healing process. Am I wrong?
  12. herpesufferer

This is what the Nanobio website says about the products I mentioned:

Oral herpes (supposed to enter phase 3 this year, though I have found no info on it): It is anticipated that NB-001 will rapidly capture market share from all Rx and OTC current therapies, as well as dramatically expand the market by offering the significant number of untreated sufferers a viable treatment option. Safety, efficacy and the low potential for the development of resistant strains make NB-001 an ideal candidate for an early stage switch from Rx to OTC, or as a product initially launched as an OTC product.

Genital herpes (should soon enter phase 2, according to the pipeline): It is anticipated that NB-00X will be appropriate as a stand alone treatment as well as a co-treatment used in conjunction with systemic anti-virals for the treatment of genital herpes.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  13. smithconfused

smithconfused Active Member

i think that's a great idea especially since the end of the year is near.
  14. lovebug

lovebug Active Member

15. cureHSV1

cureHSV1 No longer a member

hello cure coming soon..i think you are doing a wonderfull job here!!!! i was wondering about the bavituximab...i clicked on your links and can't find anything that says about HSV 1....where did u find th info....and i was wondering if there is any new infor about the cullen cure anything new and how long till they find a cure thanks
  16. cureHSV1

cure coming soon,also is there anything new on the bloom research
  17. Cure Coming Soon

If you click this link -

It's quoted
    "Researchers have found that PS is exposed on the outer membrane of cells infected with HIV, influenza (including avian flu), herpes simplex viruses, hemorrhagic fever viruses, measles and members of the small pox and rabies virus families."

Then reference the first paragraph in the article -
    "TUSTIN, Calif., November 23, 2008 -- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PPHM) today reported publication of data in Nature Medicine that supports the broad anti-viral potential of the company's novel anti-phosphatidylserine (anti-PS) antibody platform, showing that its PS-targeting drug bavituximab can cure lethal virus infections in animal disease models."
  18. Cure Coming Soon

No not as of now. He's having students from the university create a website that's specific to his research and should have up-to-date info. Dr. Bloom stated he'll email me when the sites up and running. Last friday he replied stating it should be up in 2 weeks (from last friday).

As for Dr. Cullen, he stated he's going to reapply for a NIH grant again in Feb. 2010. While I hate waiting, it's better then him saying I don't know what I'm going to do now. Gotta be happy he's a go getter with his research.
  19. cureHSV1

ccs,,,,,thanks i like ur info very informative...
    sry about so many questions

i just have some more.

vironova-it doesn't say when they think there will be a cure any idea on that? and is it a cure..will be any use to us since it is in a diff country

cullen,bloom,and bavituximab are all cures correct?

i wish cullen would give us more infor\ on when more progress would be done...it says bloom will be doing clinical trials in humans after one year and that should be in a couple of months is this true...
    i hope everything works out i hope cullen gets goin his sounds most promising but far away...
  20. herpesufferer

Has anyone read this?

NanoViricides, Inc. (OTC BB: NNVC.OB) (the "Company"), reports that the Company has filed its quarterly report with the SEC on November 23rd. The Company reported that it had $4.2 million in cash and cash equivalents as of September 30th, 2009. The Company previously reported that it had successfully raised a total of over $4.3M in different private placement instruments. The details have been disclosed in an SEC Form 8-K filed on October 5, 2009. The Company believes it has sufficient funds to last through the end of December, 2010 at the current rate of expenditure.

The Company now has four commercially important drugs in its pipeline, targeting a total market size of approximately $40 Billion. These drugs target HIV, all Influenzas, viral diseases of the external Eye, and Herpes Simplex viral infections including cold sores and genital herpes (HSV). In addition, the Company has R&D programs in collaborations with reputed institutions against several Neglected Tropical Diseases and agents of interest for Biosecurity. These include hemorrhagic fever viruses such as Ebola/Marburg, Dengue, and Rabies, among others.

Our current drug programs include a pan-influenza drug candidate, “FluCide™”. This drug was recently reported to be highly effective against H1N1 influenza in a lethal animal model, leading to an average 14 days survival. It is generally believed that a 14 day survival in this lethal challenge model would suggest indefinite survival in other standardized animal models. FluCide is designed to be effective against all influenza A strains and mutants. We anticipate FluCide to be effective against highly pathogenic avian influenzas such as H7 and H9, the epidemic bird flu virus H5N1 (various clades), the current novel H1N1/2009 virus, seasonal influenza viruses, and their mutations.

The Company has previously reported that its anti-HIV drug candidate was >25X (or >2,500%) more effective than the oral HAART treatment, on a drug load basis. This study employed a standard SCID-hu Thy/Liv mouse model. Human lymphocytes implanted in a mouse, and infected with HIV, are treated with antiviral drugs in this model. It is very important to note that no adverse events were observed in the nanoviricide treated mice, while the HAART-treated mice exhibited clinical signs of side effects. HAART or “highly active anti-retroviral therapy” is a three-drug combination therapy currently in use in human clinical practice, and is regarded as the most effective therapeutic regimen against HIV. If these preliminary results are confirmed in further animal studies and in human clinical trials, the Company believes that HIVCide™ could very well result in a “Functional Cure” for HIV/AIDS.

The Company has reported significant progress in its topical nanoviricide eye drops program. This drug is designed to treat most viral infections of the external eye, including adenoviral epidemic kerato-conjunctivitis (EKC) and herpes keratitis.

The Company also recently reported that it has successfully added a new anti-HSV drug program to its pipeline this year. The Company‘s topical anti-herpes drug candidate has already demonstrated greater than 10,000-fold (>99.99%, or >4 logs) reduction in virus quantity in cell culture models of HSV-1 infection. Animal model studies of topical and genital herpes are planned.

“We are now well poised to further develop our drug candidates with the objective of filing an IND application as soon as possible,” said Dr. Eugene Seymour, MD, MPH, CEO of the Company.
    SOURCE NanoViricides, Inc.