1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

lonely with hsv 2

Discussion in 'Coping with Outbreaks in Every Day Life' started by freespirit, Dec 11, 2009.

1. freespirit

freespirit Member

Hey everyone....well it's Friday night and I still haven't built my confidence back up since being diagnosed with genital herpes. So, Im sitting at home tonight. Here lately I have just been going out to clubs and parties just to get drunk because I honestly don't think that anyone is going to want to have a serious relationship with me after finding out that I have hsv 2. So when everyone else is with their boyfriends and no one is going out, I am left sitting at home. It really does SUCK extremely bad. I just don't know what to do. Maybe I will get my confidence and respect for myself back soon so I woln't continually be in this situation. Anyone understand?? :(
  2. joiedevivre100

joiedevivre100 Active Member

Confused

I'm a little confused. So you stay at home because you don't think anyone will want you? Sounds like self-fulfilling prophecy to me. You are not going to meet anyone staying at home or getting sh*t face in the club. So in a year when you are still alone you can just blame yourself and not H.

I assume you are not planning on hooking up with every guy that you meet. So in the mean time just enjoy dating. You don't have to tell everyone that you go out with that you have H. You never know you may find someone special.

Anyway, guys know that dating is a numbers game. The more people you go out with gives you a greater chance of finding someone who is willing to accept you and H.

Get out of the funk and live.
  3. Pura Vida

Pura Vida Member

Maybe it is the method that is standing in the way. Why not find some nice guy with HSV and then go out? Use the internet or a dating service. I found my wife that way and she is smart, well empoyed, educated and beautiful. She also has HSV. I found my ex in a bar and all we were ever managed to do well as a couple was get plowed and dance.
  4. freespirit

freespirit Member

Pura Vida...yeah I do think it is most def my method. I have gotten so used to just going out and not taking things seriously because I haven't worked up the courage to tell anyone about my herpes situation. But I guess I should start going out on regular dates because I don't have to tell everyone I go out with that I have herpes. Its not like I plan on hooking up every guy I date. I don't want to be the girl that guys just take out to clubs and not on regular dates just because I haven't got my respect back for myself after being diagnosed with hsv 2. Thanks for the advice!! :p