1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

My Brother Died

Discussion in 'Personal Experience with Herpes' started by notsohappy11, Mar 17, 2012.

1. notsohappy11

notsohappy11 Member

My brother was recently killed in a car accident. He was only 29 and such a beautiful soul. Herpes is such a small small thing to me now :(. Puts things into perspective....
  2. Finallyhopeful

Finallyhopeful Active Member

It sure does. It could be so much worse than some occasional pain and embarrassment. Sorry for your loss.
  3. Pnoy

Pnoy Member

not sohappy11- condolence. He is so young!
  4. barelymadeit

barelymadeit Member

I am so, so sorry for your loss. That is such a tragic thing.

I had 2 of my immediate family members die within a week of each other last year. Herpes was the farthest thing from my mind, until I got a horrible OB from the stress. Nothing like a horribly painful OB to make life just that much easier.
  5. mirelle

mirelle Active Member

Yes.. so sorry to hear it. Two of my siblings died last year (unrelated deaths) within a month of each other. Yes they were young too and when I came home I contracted herpes.
    Not such a great year. I think it was all the stress and of course the 'right' conditions made for the infection.
  6. notsohappy11

notsohappy11 Member

Thank you everyone and I too am sorry for your losses :(. Lifes to short we all need to live it and be happy and if someone can't accept you then move on there WILL be someone who will :). I promise !!! Herpes truly is nothing to stress about cancer and life threatening conditions ARE , not a little bump down there .........not trying to minimize it just wanting to really put this into perspective :). HUGS to my H friends ;).
  7. mirelle

mirelle Active Member

Have to agree with you.. It's a minor annoyance in the scope of things.
  8. chooseyourbattles

chooseyourbattles Well-Known Member

It took someone dying for me to realize that too.
  9. mcnulty

mcnulty Active Member

It sounds awful, but the death of my closest friend has now been demoted to the second-worst thing that has ever happened in my life. His death was his...and in a certain sense only concerns him. After he died I remember feeling like he was dead...but I was alive. The event seemed meaningful...and this is what makes death tragic...the sense, however vague, however painful, that we have made contact with something bigger than ourselves. Herpes is not tragic in this sense. It is a reminder that life is meaningless. It has ruined my sex life, maybe forever. The outbreaks never stop. There is no "after" herpes...just a pure experience of loss with no gain in meaning. It's the worst thing that's ever happened to me, by far.
  10. mirelle

mirelle Active Member

Thanks ncnnulty for your candor. I always appreciate your writings. It is true for me that I would rather have my brother and sister back, but saying that Herpes is up there. I think so much of one's perspective depends on the outbreaks and where one is in life. My outbreaks are minimal, minimal.. I'm older and in a relationship. My other half is okay with the whole herpes thing. Mind you, sex is still a huge problem for me. I've frozen up. Sex is nothing to be sneezed at. It is at the core of our being. It is so tied up with who we are. I wish I could take it all away from you but I can't. I know you are not asking for my empathy, but it is just how I feel. ...
  11. package deal

package deal VIP Member

I know exactly what you are going thru. I lost my younger sister who died from ALS last july. I know the pain you are going thru right now because I been there and am still there. Pm me if you need to talk. and your right hsv is a small thing compared to other things. I say a prayer for you and your family .
  12. DogLover88

DogLover88 Active Member

Im so so sorry to hear this.

Lots of people are worst off than us, some are wheel chair bound, or blind, or deaf... i would much rather have herpes.
  13. Kpyrhdp0912

Kpyrhdp0912 Newbie

rip. Remember now he is looking over you.