1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

My Story: Make Cold Sore Go Away in 3 Days

Discussion in 'Herpes Treatment Zone' started by reedismyman22, Mar 5, 2010.

1. reedismyman22

reedismyman22 Newbie

My Story:
    I am so happy! My birthday was on Thursday and I am going to the bars on Friday, and so this was huge for me! I almost cancelled my birthday party because of the coldsores I got!
    I have gotten coldsores since I was a kid. I get about 4-6 outbreaks a year. Although, I went almost a whole year without an outbreak from August 2007 to June 2008. I was not on any medicine at that time. I do not like repressive therapy, it is not good for the body, at least that is my opinion.
    This happened this week (March 1st- March 4th 2010):
    Gone in 3 days, here is the picture of sore on 3rd day:
    [​IMG]
    Monday night-- while shaving, felt a little wierd tingling on my lip, didn't think too much of it, but I still popped a 400mg tablet of acyclovir (remember this drug works from the inside by inhibiting what is called viral DNA polymerase, so this acts to stop the cold sore virus (HSV-1) from the inside.
    Tuesday-- Woke up at 800am. No signs of visible cold sore yet, and it didnt feel wierd, but then in class at 930 am it started tingling there and I knew I was prolly gunna get one. After my classes were done at 230pm in the afternoon I rushed home, knowing I was getting a cold sore. I immediately took 2 400mg tablets of Acyclovir (at 300pm). Then, I lathered some Abreva on there. So now, I was working on the sore from inside and out. Remember, Abreva is actually the trademark name for Docosanol, and it works by apparently (100% proof not shown, but good enough) prevents the fusion of the human host cell with the viral envelope of the herpes virus, thus preventing herepes from replicating in the cells. So, all day after that, every hour, I would go into a public bathroom and put the Abreva onto the area of the sore. At dinner (630pm) I took another 800mg of Acyclovir. DO NOT listen to what the package says! Make sure to put it on every hour, or if you feel tingling! So it didn't really get any bigger, but I did notice the little bubbling up. I also put it on the lip as a white blob, do not rub it in, before you go to bed, that way you have alot of it to soak into your dermis as you sleep. I also woke up at the halfway point in my sleep and put on more Abreva, since the original Abreva has all soaked in by this point.
    Wed- Woke up at 900am. See that the little blisters are there, I don't pop them. I have had cold sores for years, this is very hard not to do! DO not pop them! I took 800mg of Acyclovir at the time I woke up. 400mg of Acyclovir at 12pm lunch. At 230pm I went to the pharmacy and picked up tablets of L-Lysine. I took 1000mg at once. Dinner I took 400mg of Acyclovir. and another 500mg of L-Lysine. By bedtime the sores had not gotten bigger or spread, and they were drying up! All through the day I applied Abreva every hour. I did the same thing at night for the white blob before you sleep. I woke up in the night to put on more again.
    Thursday- Woke up at 800 am. Took 400mg of Acyclovir and 1000mg of L-Lysine. I took 400mg of Acyclovir with every meal. 500mg of Lysine at Lunch and dinner. Notice, not 800mg of Acyclovir anymore. Why? That is a large dose, and I do that initally to fight it hard, but then I just believe you need to do less. Again every hour apply Abreva. As I go to bed now, the sores are blended in, almost dried out. Its awesome.
    You have to use all 3 therapies. and for me, I do not take Acyclovir regurally, because I do not want to build up resistance to the virus. I only take one pill every 2 to 3 days when I do not have outbreaks.

You have to fight the sore and be on it constantly, and you get good results. None of the herbal remedies. and the food thing? guess what?!! I drink grape juice and eat peanuts every day! They both have tons of arginine in them. I eat whatever, and just fight the sore when I have it!

Hope this helps! I had to post since I am sooo happy!
  2. reedismyman22

reedismyman22 Newbie

3. MotionCitySoundtrack

MotionCitySoundtrack Newbie

Congrats! I wish I could get my hands on that "acyclovir" (Zovirax)

my parents say its too expensive