1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Nonstop outbreaks- help!!

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by sugamama, Jun 15, 2010.

1. sugamama

sugamama Newbie

Hello everyone,

I am feeling really frustrated and down today. I have been having nonstop outbreaks since being diagnosed with HSV-2 back in October, 2009. My doctor initially misdiagnosed it and then put me on Valtrex 500mg twice daily. I continued at 500mg daily for suppression, but thats not working. I have prodromal symptoms every 3-4 days (burning, shooting pains down L. inner thigh, itching) and then develop redness and itching externally on vagina and around anus. I also sometimes get pimple like sores in anal area and have burning with urination and a feeling almost like menstrual cramps. Also a lot of vaginal discharge and odor at times too.

I have not had sex with my boyfriend since getting diagnosed because I am never without symptoms. This really sucks!! I have been treated for BV twice without much relief, and I'm at my wits end. I went back to see my doc and she basically told me I wasn't really having outbreaks zsince there were no blisters present, and that I should just stop the valtrex since it isn't really working. That was sure helpful!!

I have completely cut out nuts and seeds from my diet. I have also tried Lysine, Echinacea, Vit B, C, and zinc off and on and am considering trying a higher dose of Valtrex. This has to end!! For those who are using Valtrex 1000mg suppressively, how long does it take to start working? Also, if you are taking all the supplements consistently, how long does that take to start working. I have plans to go on some vacations this summer with my boyfriend and would love to be able to have sex with him again.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
  2. Brookie

Brookie Active Member

Hi there - hang in there. I had back to back OB's for the first year. It was awful. After time it does get better and the OB's will be be less and less severe. I had the buring in between and it was just non stop. I too took the Valtrex and it did NOTHING. Your body needs to adjust but the main thing is you really need to stop stressing because it just makes it worse, it really does. it's been just three years for me and now I get OB's maybe once a month and very mild. I took supp meds for almost three years but now only taking them if i have symptoms and only they actually seem to work better now for me and only take them for a day or two. I'm here for you if you want to talk off line - hang in there. Epsom salts baths help ALOT! And no need to stop eating anything. I find that you are more miserable when you cut out foods so I just live a normal eating lifestyle and just cut back on foods high in acid when haveing an OB - it does suck but promise it does get better.
  3. sugamama

sugamama Newbie

Thank you Brookie for sharing and offering me support.
  4. ImHereForCure

ImHereForCure Member

everyone with H needs to work with Dr bloom for a cure. I know a lot of people try to be nice on this forum but getting pissed off at herpes is a good time to do something about a cure. Its not true that herpes gets better over time and for most people it can get worse. Lets work on the cure people. we need your votes now click the link and vote!!!!!!!!! http://www.refresheverything.com/herpestreatment