1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

on the outer thigh?

Discussion in 'Herpes Symptoms' started by nervous, Jan 13, 2008.

1. nervous

nervous Newbie

Has anyone experienced herpes sores on their outer thigh--what might be called the "saddlebags" on the legs?

The doctor today diagnosed shingles as the culprit. Blood tests pending until mid-week. No previous history of shingles, cold sores, or herpes. No sores on my genitals, though I am having vaginosis (I'm female). I've had sex with a new partner within the time typical for an initial outbreak. No fever, flu-symptoms.
  2. helied2me

helied2me Well-Known Member

Hi nervous,

Read your other post and thought I would respond here as it doesn't disappear as quickly as the outbreak section.

Yes it is possible to have a herpes OB just on your thigh but you may know for sure when your test results come back.

As for BV it generally presents like you describe, it could be grayish in color also and usually has a fishy odor especially noticeable after sex. I personally have never experienced itch with BV but irritation is common which I suppose could cause it to be itchy. Hopefully your Dr tested for all possibilities, BV is generally easy to get rid of.

Hope you feel better soon.