1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

One single bump on pubic area below the skin. Do I have herpes?

Discussion in 'Herpes Symptoms' started by cfm1991, Mar 2, 2011.

1. cfm1991

cfm1991 Newbie

About a year ago I had a single different bump on the shaft of my penis beginning at the bottom of my foreskin. It hurt like a pimple hurts and eventually went away. I have not had any other signs until about two days ago. I have a single bump under the skin at the top of my pubic area about three inches below my waistline. The bump is pinkish in color and there doesn't appear to be fluids inside it. I have no itchiness, sore muscles, flu-like symptoms, headaches, lower back pain, and my lymph nodes are not swollen. I'm planning on being tested next week but I am very scared about this. I have never had more than one bump at a time and it is not a blister. Can this be genital herpes?
  2. ScaryJimmy

ScaryJimmy Active Member

Pretty much anything could be herpes but this doesn't sound like it. Go get tested right away and hopefully a negative result can put this out of your mind.
  3. Vanilla

Vanilla Newbie

I would agree, it doesn't sound like herpes. Herpes lesions are small and filled with fluid. Also they tend to appear on the same spot every time. And usually the other symptoms (swollen lymph nodes and flu) only appear when you first get infected. But herpes is a sneaky virus, the symptoms can vary a lot individually, which is why only about 1 in 10 realize they have it. Also, herpes can be quite difficult to diagnose. You should go see a GP while you still have the bump so they can take a swab. It's not unusual to get a false negative, because the lesion needs to be "fresh" enough when you get tested. You can have a blood test if it's been more than three months, but the test won't tell where on your body the herpes is. It's possible to get HSV1 on the genitals too.