1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

other infection looks like Herpes?

Discussion in 'Herpes Tests and Diagnosis' started by world, Sep 25, 2010.

1. world

world Member

Hi there
    Which other infections looks like gential herpes? I worried having a sore on my penis head. I'm not circumcised. I did go to STD clinic for test,Swap and culture I guess so, I gave blood and urine samples for all STI. HIV negative. Waiting for my Herpes result. Its really kills my paitents. Still I need to wait 13 more days. I don't know why they need 3 weeks to release the result??? I almost decided that I'm having Genital herpes but very little hope that should be something else. Your experiences will help me.
  2. MsLucy

MsLucy Well-Known Member

The reason a culture takes a while is because they have to wait to see if the virus replicates... like growing a culture in a pitre dish. This can take time, although 13 days seems a little excessive. Mine took 5 days.

There are other things that appear similar to herpes, so without a formal diagnosis, it's hard to say with absolute certainty that's what it is. I think certain fungus and allergic reactions might appear similar.

Wait for your test results. That will tell you for sure.
  3. world

world Member

Hi Mslucy
    Thanks, I understand.
    I really really hoping it shouldn't be Herpes. Actually went to Gov hospitals they always take 3 weeks for follow up appointment but for me each day seem to be very long, untill I'm at work some what I can put this things in back mind if I come back to home!! its total depression more over if its weekend it worst.
  4. Angel Eyes 23

Angel Eyes 23 Newbie

When I was looking up the same question when I was waiting for MY results to come back I found out that shingles can look exactly like herpes and be on the genitals, apparently it looks so much like it sometimes it fools even the doctors...just a thought
  5. world

world Member

I have or not

I'm confused more:confused:, I just came from hospital, the following is my result
    Comments:Source: Genital,penile swab
    Clinic diagnosis: Penile sore
    Ordered: HSV Ag IF
    HSV Ag IF Unsuitable(only few cells seen)

My doc said nonconclusive, there was no enough fluid and said I may have or mayn't but according to the appearance it's looks like herpes and reacted for antiviral treatment so he asked me consider that I have Herpes. I did asked him why it can't be someother balanitis,fungal,allergy infection but he simply said it reacted for antiviral so its Herpes I guess I went to wrong doc:rolleyes: I can't come for a end. He also said Igg test can't prove 100%!!!!! I also went to STD clinic but after I started my antiviral so I think even that result will be false negative!?!?!?!?!?! or unsuitable

what is your advice? but I'll go for Igg test after 2 or 3 months.
  6. Denise 07

Denise 07 Active Member

I'd say your only option now is to get the IGG test done. If it's a new infection however, it can take 3 months before antibodies appear. If you've had it for awhile than it will show antibodies on the IGG.
  7. world

world Member

On 4th oct I got all the lab test came negative which was done on 10th day, here the follwoing

Herpes simplex Virus isolation
    Specimen - Swab
    Specimen comment - Penis
    Herpes simplex virus 1 Culture - Negative
    Herpes simplex virus 2 Culture - Negative
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Hep B Surface Ab(Anti-Hbs) - Negative(<=10mIU/mL)*can u tell me what is means?
    Hep B Surface Ag(HBsAg) - Negative*
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    PCR for Chilamydia and GC
    Chlamydia PCR - Negative
    GC- PCR - Negative
    PCR for Chilamydia and GC
    RPR screening - Non-reactive
    My Doc said we can't came for conclusion by the results because I went there on 10th day and moreover I was in antiviral med which was given by GH doc so he suggest to take IGG test on 8th week. I just want to be sure whether if my infection is new or not so I gave blood for IGG on the day itself, result will be in 2 week
    My doc also adcived me to take Hepatitis B Vaccination. I toke 1 dose on 4th oct need 2 more dose, 1 in next month and march 2011. I thought my sore may be syphilis so atleast I can have cure but its not now left no choice so I convince myself that I have herpes.