1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Pain in the Ass Upper Butt Crack Fissure

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by marriedwchildren, Apr 29, 2008.

1. marriedwchildren

marriedwchildren Active Member

Well have another question for you all. I have a skin problem have had it happen to me before I was diagnosed with ghsv1 5 months ago. I take Valtrex daily and have not had another outbreak since then(keeping fingers crossed):p Now I have a serious question for anyone willing to respond. I had the same thing happen to me on and off for many years way before I got gh, I got this red irritated line that would start at the very top of my butt crack close to my back. It would get red, scaly and break open in a fissure like tear, It never itches and never itches even now. It looks like dry skin, It would last anywhere from 3-7 days. I used to put neosporin on it and it would help. I never went to the Doctor for it would heal on its own. Now I have the same thing happen again and now I am paranoid. I got it Friday after going to the gym, sweating somewhat and the same thing happened. I put yeast cream(terazol 3) on it hydrocortisone and it seems to help it but it is not totally gone yet. I am wondering I have read that this could be Inverse Psoriasis that usually affects the buttocks folds and any folds where moisture traps. I asked my Mom about this and she said she used to get the same thing and still gets it sometimes. Can anyone give me some suggestion, I am so paranoid now about everything I am driving myself crazy here and just need some advice.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. Shayna

Shayna VIP Member

Hey mwc,

That's excellent that you haven't had an outbreak since your first!

I know how you feel, worrying about everything in a different way after being diagnosed. But I would be inclined to think it's not hsv related, because the hydrocortisone you are using would make it worse instead of better if it were hsv. If the treatment you are using works, I'd stick with it.
  3. ginnyp

ginnyp Well-Known Member

Hi Marriedwithchildren! It's probably nothing. I get similar type of fissures, cracks, sores, whatever they are on upper butt crack. My doc actually did a swab of it for me, and it was negative. I bet it's just from sweating or something simple like that. :)
  4. marriedwchildren

ginny,

How long do they usually last when you got them? And what did you put on them to help the healing? I know it sounds stupid, but since my diagnosis, every twinge, any sensation I am down under with a mirror. I thought I had this licked emotionally and then this little diddy shows up and puts me right back to square one. Thanks both of you for your help and advice it has given me support. Oh did yours peel? i put creams on it and when I wipe it clean to put new cream the skin tends to peel a little.
  5. ginnyp

ginnyp Well-Known Member

MarriedwithChildren,
    sorry, I have never really paid attention to how long they are there. They must not last too long, and I don't put anything on them. They don't seem to hurt. Might be a little irritating. I'm trying to think exactly where mine are, I think mine are a little lower down now that I'm actually thinking about it, because I think the thing that bothers them most is wiping after using the bathroom. I was of course freaking that I was causing them by wiping, and that because of friction when wiping it must be herpetic! That is why I had it swabbed. But I don't pay much attention to them when they are there, they are like openings, split torn skin. And are kinda long, definitely visible. But very shallow, flat almost.

Since you have put steroid cream on yours and that helped, it does not sound like it is herpetic. Sounds like something else and if it's not too bothersome you can probably forget about it, but if yours hurt more using the cream might be the best thing to do, or even asking a doctor what they suggest.

Good luck and health!
  6. marriedwchildren

ginny,

Thanks again for your kind words, But I decided to go to the Doc today and he looked at took a scrape of the skin put in under a microscope and told me i had Inverse Psoriasis or Flexural Psoriasis due to moisture and sweat getting trapped in my butt crack fold. I did ask him if it was herpes he said NO for 3 reasons. 1. I take Valtrex daily would of been almost healed up by now and I put Hydrocortisone on it and that would of made it worse. 2. He looked under the microscope and could tell that it was also a fungal infection due to where I have my rash. He did give me Nystatin powder and said it could take up to 2 more weeks because the area is so sensitive and any movement regarding my excercises reopens that wound. So I just want anyone else to know that it is true not everything that happens down under is caused by herpes. It is a relief to know that maybe I am just being over paranoid and need to relax. Take care.