1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

Question about outbreaks and UTIs

Discussion in 'Coping with Outbreaks in Every Day Life' started by gotitsowhat, Mar 5, 2009.

1. gotitsowhat

gotitsowhat Well-Known Member

I am having my first outbreak in many months. I am glad it has been so long since my last one....

However, I am also having a urinary tract infection, a very painful one. I have seen a number of people who have posted here say they had a UTI at the same time as their herpes outbreak.

What is the relationship between herpes and UTIs? I asked the doctor I saw yesterday for the UTI and she just nodded her head and said that the UTI was because the herpes lowered my immune system and so the UTI happened. But...I have had many outbreaks without a UTI, most of them in fact. And I have had a number of UTIs that were not associated with a herpes outbreak.

There does seem to be a strong association between the two, though. It's a real bad combination, UTI and GH outbreak.

Anyone know anything about this?
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. newhope

newhope Member

Did you get tested for a UTI? I know from my first OB I thought I had a UTI and really it was an outbreak in my UT. Maybe that is what is causing your discomfort?

Feel better soon! :)
  3. gotitsowhat

gotitsowhat Well-Known Member

How did you find out it was an outbreak in the urinary tract? Tests? I wondered if it could be that. Is that common? What is the treatment for that?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009