1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

Sores in Vagina

Discussion in 'Herpes Symptoms' started by Hope8559, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Hope8559

Hope8559 No longer a member

If you get sores in your vagina, how long does it normally take them to heal, and does the redness go away entirely after they're healed? And what does it look like when they're healing? I know they don't "scab over" since it's a moist environment, but do they look different?

I still have redness/irritation (but no visible sores anymore) in the entrance to my vagina, and it has been three weeks since I first noticed symptoms, and I've already taken a full course of acyclovir. So I was just wondering...how long will it take this to heal??
  2. Butterfly of the Moment

Butterfly of the Moment Active Member

Hey there, the time it takes to heal depends on the person...for me it took almost 2 weeks for my first outbreak and i took acyclovir. I'm having my second outbreak and it's taking a little over a week. Some people on here I've seen have had an outbreak for 3 weeks to 5 weeks. After your first outbreak the ones you will have in the future if you get them SHOULD be shorter but may not be. I'm sorry if this doesn't help very much but you should know that over time your symptoms should be less intense and heal faster.