1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Sores on lower legs - Herpes??

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by london3, Aug 6, 2011.

1. london3

london3 Newbie

Hi,

Over the last two months I have been getting very itchy red sores on my lower legs, probably about the size of a 1p coin. They are dark red and have a hard lighter coloured centre and go away after about 10 days.

Sometimes I get pains in my legs and general irritation waist down. Does this sound familiar to anyone/does anyone have any comments?

Thanks
  2. brokeheart

brokeheart Newbie

Yeah I may have had something similar. About a month and half before I was dx w/ GHSV I developed a rash on my right shin, went to the dermatologist and she thought it was just irritation. Funny thing is once I was dx w/ GHSV and was put on Acyclovir the insane itchiness went away and the sores started to heal. My leg looks like I had Chickenpox. When I asked my Gyno he felt it was unrelated to GHSV but I disagree. I've seen a couple other people on the forum with similar cases.
  3. Number7

Number7 Well-Known Member

I now get pimple like blisters on my lower butt and my lower back and legs hurt similar to when I had cramps with my period
  4. london3

london3 Newbie

Interesting.

I've been to a the GUM clinic and GP on a number of occasions and expressed my concerns but they did not seem interested as almost guaranteed me it was not herpes. HOWEVER they also could not come up with any other explanation other than just irritation. One even said eczema.

As far as I am aware I have had no similar sores anywhere else apart from below the knee but have had irritation in other places.

One doctor got really angry and thought that I was wasting their time and just being overly paranoid about the situation, but as you do when your paranoid you do your own research so i'm not convinced by the diagnosis.
  5. RealisticGal

RealisticGal Well-Known Member

Here's my thought on this subject ---- We always refer to the "boxer shorts" area in this forum...

Take a look at the Sacral Dermatome areas on this chart.

[​IMG]

Based on this, I see no reason why it would not be possible for lesions related to genital HSV to show up on the legs.
  6. london3

london3 Newbie

Thank you for your response. From all of the reading that I have done in the last month or so I understand that there are many possibilities with herpes. Also I understand that it is very difficult to make a diagnosis on a forum/over the internet.

Im just saying that my doctors do not think that I have HSV and I have no sores on the genitals so can I assume that I either don't have herpes or my symptoms are not typical.

Thanks
  7. whoopywoo

whoopywoo Member

Can you not ask for them to swab them to make sure?
  8. RealisticGal

RealisticGal Well-Known Member

That's what I would most likely do if I were concerned, but you lot over in the UK seem to have a more difficult time getting your docs to give a flip about possible HSV. I wonder if they would be even more reluctant when the symptoms are showing up in an atypical location. :(