1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Throat herpes? (images included)

Discussion in 'Herpes Symptoms' started by boxofsheep, Dec 24, 2009.

1. boxofsheep

boxofsheep Newbie

So... yeah, I'm HSV-2 positive, am going through my first genital herpes outbreak right now (SO MUCH FUN. SO. MUCH. FUN!).

About two weeks ago, one little fellow popped up in my pubic hairs. Just one. About that same time, I was getting over a sore throat. And I had these weird bump looking things in the back of my throat. They never went away. They started popping up about the same time. \

And now another one of these little blisterbumps has popped up closer to the front of the mouth. It's all on the right side of my throat. Hurts to swallow a bit.

It is only on the right side. The little egg-looking blisterbump things are, in the mirror, a lot more shiny and red... and they form a complete cluster on the right side (hard to see in the pictures) of my throat. NOT on the right. The left side of my throat is.. perfectly fine.

It's Christmas (herpes, the gift that keeps on giving, I guess), and so doctor's office is closed 'til Monday. so...

I was wondering.. anyone who has herpes of the throat, does this look like herpes in the throat?

Not looking for a diagnosis, I already know I have HSV-2. Just wondering if these look herpes-like at all.. it's hard to find pictures of herpes of the throat.

...Can you have HSV-2 genitally and orally.. at the same time?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. boxofsheep

boxofsheep Newbie

also:

I've had oral thrush for over a month now. :] I don't know if that has anything to do with anything.
  3. cureforeveryone

cureforeveryone Active Member

Hsv2

Hi Boxofsheep,

I have both OHSV2 and GHSV2. I do also get blisters inside my mouth, though mainly on the inside of my left cheek (once on the right side). I hardly ever get OB downstairs as I am on Valtrex, but I get them monthly on the inside of my cheeks.

Feel free to PM me if I can answer any additional questions for you.

It is also a good idea to remember that it is the season for strep throat, so you may have that. I would recommend you go and get the blisters cultured and you will know for sure.