1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

vaginal bleeding common with genital herpes

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by Denise 07, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Denise 07

Denise 07 Active Member

Hi,

I was worried a little while ago when I went to the restroom and I wondered how my vagina was healing because I'm so dry down there. I have no discharge whatsoever and I tried to insert my finger to see if it was feeling back to normal and I could barely get it inside and after I pulled it out there was blood on my finger. I'm really worried because I had my period on Nov 8th a day after I went to the ER for a blister I saw on my vagina and a constant burning when I went pee and they diaganosed me with genital herpes and the the test came back as HSV 1 but now I have so more bleeding so is this normal? How long does it take to completely heal after the first outbreak? It will be 14 days tomorrow since I went to the ER but 16 days since the first blister appeared. Thanks for any advice! Also I am taking acyclovir once a day now. I did take it 5 x's a day for 10 days after getting diagnosed.
  2. regret

regret Well-Known Member

sometimes an outbreak can last up to 3 weeks or longer depending on espcially if you have internally it may take longer to heal due to moisture...increase your lysine intake 1000 mga day for a few days til it heals up.
  3. GntiNh

GntiNh Staff Member Super Moderator

Any vaginal bleeding should be checked out by your doctor.
  4. Semika

Semika Member

Hi,
    have you tried the oil of oregano, it really works well, whenever my period is finish i just add a few drops in some clean water put the solution in a douche bottle and wash my vagina (Internally) normall my obs come after my period and they usually begin with a discharge after my period. This solution stops the discharge and in most cases prevent an ob. Do some research on the oil of oregano
  5. Denise 07

Denise 07 Active Member

Thanks for the tips everybody! I think it is just going to take longer to heal since I had some blisters internally. I will keep track of it and if it last longer than 6 weeks I will call the doctor. Thanks again!