1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Valtrex

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by hopeful27, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hopeful27

hopeful27 Member

I suffer from constant burning and nerve pain. I have been doing a lot of reading about Valtrex and possible side effects. Some people feel that the med has made these symptoms worse and possibly have caused them. Does anyone know if the Valtrex even helps with these symptoms??

Part of me wants to go off suppressive therapy and see what happens and the other part of me if afraid to because I read that most people get an outbreak as soon as they go off.

Any insight would be great
  2. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

I have never had any problems taking any antivirals. For most people they are effective in fighting this virus and have no side effects. You can read too much about herpes and there is a lot of horror stories out there, but for almost all Herpsters it is harmless to take them.

If you are not dating anyone and your outbreaks aren't too horrible, why take antivirals at all? Let your body get used to fighting this virus without the crutch of using meds. That is what I did and it has been years since my last outbreak.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB