1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

vitamins for cold sores

Discussion in 'Nature has a Remedy' started by MattKolt987, Nov 23, 2011.

1. MattKolt987

MattKolt987 Newbie

do vitamins help anyone who gets cold sores? what do you take and how often? does it help?? is there anything that is fast-acting to help speed up the healing time once a cold sore is out? Thanks for your help! I'm new to the site.
  2. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

Vitamins can help your immune system which in turn fights this virus. There are other supplements you can take that go more directly after this virus. Look into taking lysine and kelp. Those both attack the virus.

Good luck!

JB
  3. Maplesugarfy

Maplesugarfy Newbie

I do a lot of intense training for triathlons. When I do, my body gets run down and I tend to get a cold sore. Pretty much every picture of me coming through the finish line is me with a beautiful looking red crusty cold sore. I would load up on lysine to try to fight the virus before a race but it never did anything. I think it was because I needed something to boost my immune system too. I always got a cold sore when my body was run down. I found a product that has both immune system boosting vitamin/minerals and virus fighting ingredients too. I take it a few days before a race and haven't gotten one since. You can check it out online at kisuhealthylips.com. That is where I get it. I haven't found it in pharmacies yet. My last picture of me crossing the finish line was without a cold sore. It is now on my desk at work in a frame. Good luck.
  4. spunky23

spunky23 Newbie

I was just recently diagnosed with cold sores, and I have felt so frustrated since I found out! The thought of having these ugly blisters pop up on my lips for everyone to see makes me so stressed!
    I have been researching the best vitamins to take, because I don't want to have to depend on meds! I found an herbal supplement online called Prevasure, and the herbs they use have been studied and proven to fight off the herpes virus. I take this stuff twice a day, everyday, as a suppressent. So far, it seems to be working.
    I also heard from another guy on this site about a product called cold sores begone. Your only supposed to use it when you feel the tingling sensation, but I always have the tingles, so I use it everyday as a preventative.
    I would also suggest taking 2-3,000 mg of Lysine daily.