1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

vomiting

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by littleone777, Jan 4, 2009.

1. littleone777

littleone777 Newbie

hey i already finished my first outbreak of herpes but im still obsessed with reading about it. i noticed that during the first outbreak you get flu-like symptoms a lot of the time.
    i was just wondering if anyone actually threw up? the very first day i was throwing up like no tomorrow and i had diarrhea all threw the night (which i first thought was food poisoning). this lasted about 2 or 3 days. then it just turned into flu symptoms. the outbreak went away then my throat started to get all scratchy and my throat glands were swollen. im on meds now for strep throat, the pain went away but i can still feel the swelling when i touch my throat.

im being very paranoid here. did anyone else have crazy symptoms?
  2. Shayna

Shayna Well-Known Member

• VIP Supporter
    I've mostly read of people having aches and fever as their flu like symptoms, I haven't heard of throwing up being included. You sounded like you definately had a couple of things going on. Your primary outbreak may have even been triggered by your immune system being down while fighting off your strep.

I hope you feel better soon!

Oh, I remember that obsession with reading everything in the begining, too. It's very helpful to learn all you can. Don't worry though, you won't feel that way forever. ;)
  3. ICanDoThis

ICanDoThis Newbie

No vomiting here but boy was I sick. I never get sick and with my first ob (which, btw, I am still dealing with and we're pushing week 4 now). Not only did I have severe aching, fever and feeling exhausted, but it felt like I was constantly fighting off a cold. I also had some nausea.

I have been on valtrex since day 3 of my first ob. I shudder to think what I would be like without it at all. I think it is working for me, but who knows. I am still not normal and still having to take advil for the flu-like symptomns.

It really sucks, indeed. But I can say now that I am oh so SLOWLY getting better a wee little bit (and I mean a wee little bit) each day (with some days feeling really bad all over again if I dont get enough rest) I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there. I am still trying to do just that. This virus got me real bad. I am a fighter, but it got me good.
  4. lioness

lioness Active Member

I am in my first outbreak. Last night I got up and I was extremely close to throwing up. I didn't know if it was related or not though.

I have also had cold-like symptoms for a long time.
  5. littleone777

littleone777 Newbie

ICanDoThis .. your name is perfect. sometimes i still cant believe how this happened to me. ive always been known as the "good girl" throughout my whole life. then to contract something that has such an awful reputation ... its hard to deal with. your name is perfect, cus u can do this .. u can pull through anything as long as u keep ur heart in the game.

im just thankful theres people out there that can relate.
  6. silverlining

silverlining Member

good question

I am still going through my first outbreak and today was the first day I thought I was going to throw up. I'm almost over the swollen glands and sore throat (which at first I thought was strep since I've had that plenty of times before). All I can say it may be herpes related, it may also be because I started a different medication with a different dosage today, or because in between that medication I am also taking an antibiotic and last night 6 ibuprofen before bed...haha. Sexy! I've been tired and worn out and sleeping as much as possible. Since I don't have any better advice I'd say, drink plenty of herbal tea (add lemon to help your throat. I've been drinking that with green tea and also white tea) and try to lay down as soon as your stomach starts feeling weird. When I wake up it tends to feel better...
  7. snowgal

snowgal Newbie

get feeling better

I am in the middle of my first OB and I feel nauseated sometimes, and having flu-like symptoms (which I hear is pretty common). My sister got me hooked on apple cider vinegar, it has to be mother with the veil on the bottom, a couple teaspoons or a tablespoon in a glass of warm water. Be sure to drink a little more water right after as it an be bad for your enamel. I don't know what it does, but it will have you feeling better. It may taste a little funky, but it DOES WORK.
    I've read that it helps turn your body alkaline, and viruses and diseases can't live in an alkaline enviroment. Also L-lysine, vitamin c, garlic, echinaicia, acidolphilus are all good supplements to consider taking.
    Under the fight back section on the right is some good reading about positive changes in diet and remedies.
    Good luck finding something that works for you. I hope you feel better soon.
  8. sweetheart87

sweetheart87 Active Member

I never had the flu like symptoms....i had a fever of 103...i thought I was going to die. I had my first outbreak during christmas and that was horrible..trying hiding something like this when you are walking like have something up your butt...anyways. It was all cleared up in a week and now i'm a a surppresive treatment for a year...and hopefully i won't get anymore outbreaks.

Ever since I got GHSV-1 i have been searching like crazy...I just want to know what I'm dealing with....I hope this is normal!!!!!:)