1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

What do you guys think

Discussion in 'Herpes Tests and Diagnosis' started by CR1991, Mar 18, 2012.

1. CR1991

CR1991 Newbie

Heres my story, I was diagnosed in jan 2012. Well in December I had sex with my gf while she was having a UTI but we didnt know it at the time. I got blisters below the border haha and it didnt hardly look like an herpes pics i seen but i went to the doctor and immediently she said herpes. well i had already popped these blisters before i knew what it was because i thought it was posion ivy because i had poison ivy down there a few months prior.I know it was poison ivy, it was all over my hands and legs and everywhere. well the blisters had already crusted over when the doctor swabbed them,which ive heard could not give a good reading.she sent me on my way without telling me much which i didnt like. ive been with my gf for a year and a half and shes been tested numerous times over the whole relationship and been negative for everything. the last girl i was with was over 2 years ago so id have time to build up some antibodies.but the doctor called back and said herpes again, she didnt tell me which test was positive or if any was, or if it was just her diagnosis. my gf and i were thinking her UTI is what broke me out. what do you guys think about a UTI breaking someone else out.
  2. JBnATL

JBnATL Staff Member Super Moderator

Find a lab near you and have your own test done. Anylabtestnow only charges $49 for an hsv test. Don't assume you have it until you see something in writing. Visual diagnosis is the least accurate test out there.

And are you sure your gf was tested for hsv? It is not included in standard STD tests.

Come to the "Chat Room", there you will find many nice fellow Herpsters who can offer you their support.

Good luck!

JB
  3. CR1991

CR1991 Newbie

Well she told the doctor the story about what happened to me and said how she would like to get hsv tested too, so im guessing they did. They didnt show her anything in writing or what they tested for, they just said everything was negative. But thanks I think Ill get another test done and ask to see everything in writing since I know a lot more about herpes now.