1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

What is the worst part of having H? Genital or Face doesnt matter

Discussion in 'Personal Experience with Herpes' started by pollyanna1, Mar 26, 2013.

1. pollyanna1

pollyanna1 VIP Member

Whats the most awful part that happened because of H? Im so worried if something bad happened cause of H and I can not help it to reduce that emotinal and physical pain :(
  2. pollyanna1

pollyanna1 VIP Member

Mine is the fear :( i always get this fear when i had sex. I dont care my partner okay with it but i always know the one that i have herpes and i contract him. This is the only fear :( and also so scared to have some permenant nerve damage
  3. Acesheart

Acesheart HC Support Provider

The worst part for me : Back then was not knowing or ever hearing of herps and the way the doctors treated me as a married naive woman.

The worst part for me now: It is appauling how far we HAVE NOT COME! I still meet many saying the dr says "don't bathe, herps can spread in watres".
    They say I can't use same toilets as my family or shower in same shower or bathe in same tubs, or use my families towels or the dinner plates.
    It makes me want to vomit :sickgreenface:
    How ignorant can these new aged doctors be about herpes in todays society of all the new age technologies? It truly blows my freaking mind. Sorry for the rants.

About for myself I have no worries I will continue on with what has worked for me , just as I did back 25 years ago. If something happens and oneday I find myself having been harmed by these meds for all these years, well then I guess it will be my time for my God to take me as he sees fit :) . Hugs honey Good post btw. Ace
  4. dangitinAL

dangitinAL Well-Known Member

My worst fear is that the hip pain and fatigue won't go away and I will live like this for the rest of my life. That it will continue to get worse.

I know statistically that I will get better, but when you have it for weeks, months on end and you finally get it under control and something ELSE pops up. WTH?!?! I sometimes feel like I am on a boat full of holes. Each one I plug with a finger or toe another pops up. jeez. Sorry, coming off the end of a long very painful session. I will be in better spirits soon once I get back into the gym finally. Two months no gym sucks AND I gained weight darn it!!
  5. pollyanna1

pollyanna1 VIP Member

do u use anything to reduce the hip pain hun, I have had the same thing before but now ım on valtrex and its gone for good. ;)
  6. dangitinAL

dangitinAL Well-Known Member

I am on famcyclovir 500mg 2x daily. Only thing that worked. Acyclovir did NOT work for me at all. No change taking it. Valtrex made me sick and gave me awful headaches.
    So I went to more natural supplements. I will use something for a while and then pain comes back. I try something else, goes away...etc. I am now taking Black cumin seed (Nigella sativa) along with olive leaf extract and Lysine+ from Quantum (and a few other things). Olive leaf is the only thing that even remotely seems to help now and if I miss my 4-hour window of taking it, I know it. I feel the pain coming back. I think the famcyclovir is fading for me too. I am thinking about stopping it for a bit and see if I can use it again later? I don't know. I just take it one day at a time and glad it is finally easing up again. I have had about 2 days of almost no pain compared to limping pain so back on my cycle again. Hurts a while, eases up for a while. It varies on what that while is. Sometimes a month, sometimes a day or two. I am going to try to start back at the gym tomorrow but start out slow - no interval training or anything. Just treadmill for a bit and then elliptical which won't be long because the elliptical kicks my butt quick. But I should be able to build up to 20 minutes within about 2 weeks if I go every day. I need to go for at least 5 days a week of 30-45 minutes but I will probably just barely do 30 minutes for the next 2-3 weeks building back up. I have lost so much in not exercising for the last two months from hurting so bad.

Anyway, life goes on. Thanks for asking.
  7. pollyanna1

pollyanna1 VIP Member

life is totally goes on sweety. great job. I hope you will be fine more and more everyday
  8. RookieLady

RookieLady Newbie

What do you mean hip pain?! I'm so confused how can you get in so much pain over h?
  9. Acesheart

Genital herpes lies in the Spinal Ganglia Nervous system located at the base of spine. Some have many health issues.and having herpes can cause more issues along.with the already health issues a person has. DangitinAL is a good friend, she has suffered from many terrible things, but I continue to see her smiling face here educating.and supporting like the strong woman she is. Take care Hon. Truly Ace
  10. cupcakes12

cupcakes12 Staff Member Moderator

Ive got both. I can just rub some abreva on my face when I feel a cold sore coming on so I dont them very often. Genital herps has been a pain in the butt literally. Ive had physical issues such as chronic infections and nerve pains. The only emotionally pain I have is from the man that gave it to me on purpose and laughed at me. Thats been the hardest part.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  11. Acesheart

Hey cupcakes, I understand that so well! My first husband, my giver, he did the same thing. Boy how I just wanted to kick his ass. But Karma took over, he is dead now and can never go around and infect anymore girls . He continued to give his h, even after he knew he had given it to me. He married 5 more wives, 3 were my ex best friends. God don't sleep he knows what's what!. Hugs honey, Ace :)
  12. Cats are cool

Cats are cool Newbie

For me I think it would be the relationship aspect of it all. Just having to tell them, and how they're going to feel about it and such. Also, the fact that I may have given to other people since I'm not sure how long I've had it.
  13. peter1234

peter1234 Newbie

Well for me I used to fear not what friends or family thought of me but of like what co workers and passer bys thought. But that was 3 years ago being older now I realize that the worst part is actually letting the emotions overcome you try and be strong! the above posters are right life goes on be proud of who you are and keep dont be afraid of anything.
  14. Acesheart

Hey peter, welcome to our family :wavey: . I absolutely love your positive attitude. What is your h may I ask? I'm female with ghsv2 for 25.years and my life is very good. A lot better than it was before h. It's great that you found us and once again welcome. Truly, Ace :)
  15. peter1234

peter1234 Newbie

I have hsv1 both oral and genital ( weel at least i think genital) glad to be here i het down alot durrin OB but we have to stay positive we are no diffret fromAnyone else if anything getting hsv showed me the beauty of people
  16. Acesheart

Hey peter, why you think genital h1? have you just tested but never had outbreak in that area? or have you only tested for HSV 1? I am ghsv2 and now 25 years into this I don't get outbreaks , just prodrome symptoms that are located on the base of my spine. Good to have you here. Welcome fellow herpsters family member :itllbeok: . Good to always see new faces. Hugs, Ace
  17. pollyanna1

pollyanna1 VIP Member

did you get tested for it or swab at least to make sure? Because herpes could be mixed anything else also like molluscum etc..
  18. STRESSED4LIFE

STRESSED4LIFE Newbie

Ace,

I truly admire how supportive you have been with all the people on this site. I read from your reviews you've had this virus for over 25 years and they still hadn't come up with a cure? oh boy. I have met my true love and it hurts like bitch to tell him I have this virus and I never even knew, only to find out its both type. I have never had a cold sore in my life but just bad case of chapped lips. Could this really be it cause it occurred almost the same time down there. Keep on supporting, I really appreciate the great feedback given
  19. Acesheart

Hey STRESSED, Welcome honey :wavey: . But why you stressing this pesky virus? Did you know that the chances he has it too are much greater than you giving it to him? Also there is a chance if your ghsv1 you could possibly have gotten it from him. ;) . Honey 80% of the population has h in one form or another. They never properly test, so therefore they never find out or get diagnosed. It's much more common now and days then it was in my day. Internet wasn't invented then :( . I had noone for information or education. My now husband is still non h after 22 years of marriage. My daughter is now still too non h. I don't give my h powers or controls, back then we didn't feel stigmas we just lived. Taking antivirals daily keep my husband an h free man. That is success! :) . Ask any questions and feel free to message me anytime. Take care, hugs Ace :itllbeok:
  20. STRESSED4LIFE

STRESSED4LIFE Newbie

Reply to ACE

Ace,

Thanks for your quick response. That is amazing that after all those years your husband is h free. Please tell me the secret as I think that is my biggest fear. Passing it on to the people i love. He didn't pass it on to me, as I've had this bad chapped lips before we met and ive had an ob but didnt know it was as the same time i had a yeast and the test were all negative so the diagnosis then was the cut was from the yeast. But it only looked like a small cut not blisters, still does.
    My boyfriend is so supportive, I couldnt believe it. His response was "honey i aint going anywhere, im with u for life and we will get through it". He makes it easier thinking about it so now i want to ensure he is protected. Any suggestions as well as preventing the outbreaks?