1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Gene-Eden-vir

Discussion in 'Herpes Cure Research' started by Kqk, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Kqk

Kqk Well-Known Member

2. Sweetie3

Sweetie3 Member

I recently found this too, but I'm Leary. Has anyone tried it?

3. Kqk

Kqk Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it, but was curious why www.drugs.com would have this on their site.

4. mp11dx

mp11dx Member

5. Acesheart

Acesheart Legendary Member
    Staff Member Support Provider

Thanks for the link mp. It does show that page was last updated 05-03-2011 though. But sincere thanks for looking into that other link for us. Hugs Ace

6. airyfairy

airyfairy Member

I can categorically state that it is not fraudulent , if you read my old posts you will see how I have suffered. This stuff REALLY REALLY WORKS. Try it, it's herbal no side effects and not too expensive . The biggest problem I have now is remembering to take it as I feel normal every day and forget that I ever had an issue. That sounds ridiculous but it is honestly true.

7. Sweetie3

Sweetie3 Member

I just think if it was really that effective and life changing, there would be tons of people talking about it, and certainly more than just one. I'm still skeptical. What are the ingredients? What mechanism does it use to stop the infection?

8. airyfairy

airyfairy Member

You know what, just throw cold water on it! I really don't care what you think, it has worked for Me, I have shared as I wanted to help others. I have nothing to gain from posting my experience and indeed I have gone from living for this site to not needing it ( I am still so grateful for its existence ) .
    I I rarely come on here anymore and that is a positive believe me. For those who are interested its a great product and it has stopped my symptoms that can only be good.

9. Sweetie3

Sweetie3 Member

And I'm just stating my opinion, which last I checked was not only acceptable, but also encouraged on this site. If this treatment is legit, why not post the answers to my questions: what's in it and how does that work against herpes?

10. kate20

kate20 Member

Just a small update (wow, the last one was back in 2013!)

I did a Google search and discovered that Gene-Eden-VIR had a published paper in the (peer reviewed) journal Pharmacology & Pharmacy back in September 2013. It's entitled "Gene-Eden-VIR Is Antiviral: Results of a Post Marketing Clinical Study"

The link is here:

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=36101#.VUsTFdKeDGc

11. sickornotsick

sickornotsick Active Member

Has anyone actually tried it?

12. WilsoInAus

Staff Member Moderator

Note that this is essentially just a supplement of natural ingredients that have no evidence of treating viruses. Any studies are usually undertaken by a mysteriously and deceptively named CBCD.

The FDA has sent these guys a warning regarding their claims and unsubstantiated studies.

13. kate20

kate20 Member

That's not true.

I checked, and the FDA warning letter was sent to polyDNA, the company that made Gene-Eden-VIR back in 2011. The warning letter noted that the company was making claims on its website that placed Gene-Eden-VIR in the category of a drug.

Specifically, the warning letter said: "it is unlawful under the FTC Act, 15 U.S.C. § 41 et seq., to advertise that a product can prevent, treat, or cure human disease unless you possess competent and reliable scientific evidence, including, when appropriate, well-controlled human clinical studies, substantiating that the claims are true at the time they are made." (1)

In 2013, a well-controlled human clinical study actually WAS conducted, the results were published in a peer reviewed medical journal (this means the study WAS substantiated), and the offending language was removed from the company website.

The study showed that out of those who used Gene-Eden-VIR, "Seventy three percent (30/41) of the
    individuals treated with Gene-Eden-VIR reported a decrease in their symptoms. Specifically, they reported a
    decrease in the severity of their symptoms (p = 0.006, n =45), a decrease in the duration of their symptoms (p =0.009, n = 34), and a decrease in the frequency of their symptoms (p < 0.001, n = 31)." (2)

People can see both the FDA warning letter and the published study on Gene-Eden-VIR at the following links:

1. http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2011/ucm253333.htm

2. http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=36101#.VVRatY6qqko

14. WilsoInAus

Staff Member Moderator

The study has little credibility. People 'reported' a decrease in symptoms. No clinical observations no knowledge of what other measures were taken. You can get the same results by getting fit, eating better, drinking lots of water and managing stress better.

15. kate20

kate20 Member

Once again, I'm not sure you are correct, regarding this study on Gene-Eden-VIR's formula.

The study seemed pretty up-front. It said: "This study relies on patient reported outcomes (PROs).
    Past studies showed that PROs had a significant role in the development and evaluation of new medicines [27]. According to the FDA, PROs are a valid and valuable source for measuring the efficacy of new drugs. They are reliable enough to warrant an approval of a label claim for a new drug. From the years 1997 to 2002, the FDA approved 23 new drugs based on PRO endpoints only. They include six anti-migraine products (Amerge®, Axert®), several anti-epileptics (Gabitril®, Keppra®), and a variety of other therapy classes (Tamiflu®, Relenza®)." [27]

How can you say that a study that relies on patient reported outcomes has little credibility if the FDA approved over 23 drugs based on people "reporting" symptom decreases?

Basically, the whole FDA is disagreeing with you here.

Here's the reference from the study:

[27] R. J. Willke, L. B. Burke and P. Erickson, “Measuring
    Treatment Impact: A Review of Patient-Reported Out-
    comes and Other Efficacy Endpoints in Approved Prod-
    uct Labels,” Controlled Clinical Trials, Vol. 25, No. 6,
    2004, pp. 535-552

16. WilsoInAus

Staff Member Moderator

This is a total nonsense. There is not one ingredient that has ever been linked to the control of HSV in any way. To the extent that anything is a placebo that assists people to a healthier lifestyle that supports the body's own immune system then this is the secret!

You can achieve exactly the same results with or without a product like this. Some diets need supplements, some don't.

StayingUpbeat and Juggalo like this.
  17. StayingUpbeat

VIP Member

62% of people who recieved a placebo injection "reported" a decrease in lesion duration and severity in a therapeutic vaccine trial just last week http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...053D52/GEN-003-002_Top_Line_Results_FINAL.pdf

Patient reported outcomes without clinical measures of disease severity have no place in legitimate HSV research and Gene-Eden-Vir has absolutely no place in discussions of legitimate HSV treatments.

@kate20, there is a special place in hell reserved for whomever it is with PolyDNA that creates a new account every few months, on a support and information forum, to take advantage of desparate people by generating buzz for snake oil.

Juggalo and AychEsVee like this.
  18. kate20

kate20 Member

What the hell?

What's with the personal attacks here? I'm asking legitimate questions, and I'm reading the material that's out there, and presenting it for discussion. You don't have to be an utter dick.

My original statement stands. What I said was 100% factual. You can't argue with facts. "PROs were the ONLY TYPE OF ENDPOINT used in the FDA-approved label for 23 products." [1] (Emphasis is mine)

It seems to me that it is merely your opinion that "Patient reported outcomes without clinical measures of disease severity have no place in legitimate HSV research."

Who are you to say whether a particular product, whether it's Gene-Eden-VIR, or another product somewhere out there on the market, "has absolutely no place in discussions of legitimate HSV treatments." ???

Again, this seems to be your personal opinion based on...what?

Where is your personal bias coming from? Are you a "drugs only" Western Medicine zombie? A representative of a pharmaceutical company, masquerading as a legitimate forum member suffering from HSV?

Or?

Accusations can go both ways my dear little friends. So why not play nice?

Reference:

[1] Richard J. Willke, Laurie B. Burke, Pennifer Erickson "Measuring treatment impact: a review of patient-reported outcomes and other efficacy endpoints in approved product labels." Controlled Clinical Trials, December 2004

19. WilsoInAus

Staff Member Moderator

Yes I agree, no need for personal attacks.

I can report that farting at a full moon on all fours shortly after it rises has reduced my outbreaks by an amazing 62.1784%!!! Hence no need for any supplement apart from a couple of magic beans from a Heinz can. I am sure multiple people will support me in this, so it must be true, and being on the net means it will be published although admittedly, it isn't always a controlled trial, let me assure you!!!

StayingUpbeat likes this.
  20. kate20

kate20 Member

You DO know what peer review is, right? And you do know what controls in clinical studies are, right?

The studies I read about were conducted using a "pre-treatment concurrent control and an historical control."

The FDA guidance lists five types of controls for both pre marketing and post marketing studies: 1) Placebo Concurrent Control, 2) Pre-treatment Concurrent Control, 3) Dose-response Concurrent Control, 4) Active (Positive) Concurrent Control, 5) External Control (Including His- torical Control). The External Control “can be a group of patients treated at an earlier time (historical control)” (1)

So you can see, that this is much more than simply farting at a full moon and then reporting your perceptions about how you felt. ;)

Reference:

(1)US Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), “Guidance for Industry, E 10 Choice of Control Group and Related Issues in Clinical Trials,” 2001.