1. Hi there Guest :)

To use the full features of our Support Community, including searching, chatting and asking questions, please sign up for a free account on the right or log in.

Herpes on tongue? Picture attached.

Discussion in 'Herpes Symptoms' started by michael489, Dec 14, 2010.

1. michael489

michael489 Newbie

Hello,

Just tonight I noticed lots of little "blister" looking bumps on the very back of my tongue. In the photo you can see the few big ones I'm talking about, and then there are lots of little ones that seem to go right down into my throat until I can't see anymore.

What do you all think? I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow but just wondering if you think I've caught herpes (or some other STD) in my mouth? I'm pretty upset about it. :(

Thanks.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8595/photoom.jpg
  2. Kitty123

Kitty123 Well-Known Member

• VIP Supporter
    Sorry, for some reason I can't see the photo....

But if they are BUMPS on the very back of your tongue, it sounds to me like they are your taste buds. I would recommend you Google "taste buds" and it will show you the placement of them on your tongue. Some are bigger than others.

See if that may resolve your question? I hope I have helped.
  3. mamaem

mamaem Active Member

They're called lingual tonsils, everyone has them. Google it!!
  4. michael489

michael489 Newbie

Thanks to the both of you for replying. I went and saw the doctor today and he wasn't concerned at all, just gave me some doxycycline saying it looked a little inflamed and he didn't want it to get infected. I guess this is what happens when you don't know the interior of your mouth and then go looking inside in the mirror.
  5. Canadian Daisy

Canadian Daisy Active Member

Happy that it all worked out for you! No one is able to diagnose anyone over the internet so happy you went and seen your doctor, awesome!!