1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Oil of Oregano cold sores and genital herpes!!

Discussion in 'Herpes Treatment Zone' started by gr82bme, Mar 11, 2008.

1. gr82bme

gr82bme Newbie

I am here to share my experiance with Oil of Oregano. I get cold sores and my mother got the herpes virus from my father who was cheating on her. I have a book called the Cure Is In The Cupbord which is how I discovered Oil of Oregano.. At the first sign of a Cold Sore I will put the Oregano Oil on as well as take it internally. The next morning it is gone.. What a godsend. It works great. I have taken it regularly for 1 year and have not had another cold sore. The only down side is that it smells and tastes awfull.. But works and thats all that matters. As for my mom. She no longer has herpes. Of course her doctor thinks that she is crazy..
    For Herpes:

In "The Cure is in the Cupboard", Dr Cass Ingram's states that "a study done by Sidiqqui determined that the oil completely destroyed herpes viruses, 'disintegrating' them. He states to daily rub the oil vigorously over the spinal column since that is where the virus lives when it is dormant. He states to take 5 or more drops of the oil under the tongue twice daily. Naturally, everyone's immune system is different so no time frame is given; however, one of the testimonials given in the book states that a woman's genital herpes completely disappeared after only 1 month, after having it for several years.
    I believe that the oregano oil will kill the entire virus if given enough time. It kills it in a Petri dish (in a lab), and so it will kill it in the body as well (though it will take longer, as this particular virus likes to hide). Over the years, I've found that man-made substances are inferior to God-made substances. When purchasing oregano be sure it says P73 on the bottle. It is the highest grade and most beneficial. I really hopes this can help anyone who tries it.... Best wishes
  2. MsLucy

MsLucy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I don't believe it would eradicate it from the body (i.e. cause you to test negative), but if it lessens your symptoms, that's great. I can imagine it tastes terrible, but at least if it doesn't do any good, it shouldn't do any harm, either, unless you go nuts with it. Seems to me, though, if you overdo it, it could give your skin a kind of oregano smell... kind of like too much garlic does. Have you noticed anything like that?
  3. Caliope

Caliope Well-Known Member

Hey writercll I sent you a message.

On the oil of oregano - it is a little different than the stuff you cook with and it is VERY expensive. I tried it and it tastes YUCKY. It does make you smell funny too. My cats just look at me like I'm insane.

I started using it because it also helps to conquer candida. I never thought it would make a difference with herpes and I haven't given it enough time to see if it stops ob's but heres to hoping it does.

I can't take as many drops of it as gr82bme recommends but if it cures me (of ob's) I'll touch back and tell people. It may be a long time.
  4. VVK

VVK Well-Known Member

Oils often end up being excreted through the skin. If your skin has oregano in it (which I guess it does if you smell), then maybe that stops the virus from ever replicating in your skin - so that might be what stops outbreaks. That's really interesting, although I probably wouldn't go for it due to the smell.
  5. gr82bme

gr82bme Newbie

Taking the oregano internally does not make you smell like oregano... Only if you put it on your skin. If you can't handle the taste you can put the oil in capsules. I does work better if you can stand the drops under your tounge. I will take a dropper full and squeeze it in the back of my throat. The less I have to taste the better. And no it is nothing like the oregano you cook with. Works great on colds too...
  6. bluefrog

bluefrog Active Member

i read something about a month or so ago about eating a teaspoon of oregano a day to help prevent or aide in.......and for the life of me cannot remember. I will try to find the catalog and repost. I love oregano, so it's all good as far as I am concerned!
  7. justhere

justhere Newbie

where do you buy it from? i live in canada so where would i get it and did you see the doctor about it first or a natural path??
  8. Caliope

I bought the oil at a local natural foods store but you can purchase it online too. I got the Oreganol p73. It is less expensive online.
  9. coalminer

coalminer Member

Alkaline body chemistry

This oil also helps your body be more alkaline, less acidic. The virus does not like an alkaline environment. In fact, your overall health improves when you're body chemistry is more alkaline.

After getting rid of the sore,Purell with aloe also helps and can be used several times a day without any danger, has no unpleasant odor, and keeps the outbreaks at a minimum or from coming back.
  10. Mishka

Mishka Newbie

it worked for me

I tried oil of Oregano and it worked for me...but I didn't put it on my spine. I didn't know about that. I got it from a local health food store. I got the 'Oreganol Mediterranean Source Wild Handpicked P73'. I don't think it tastes that bad. I put it under my tongue for a few seconds and then drink an entire bottle of water. My ob didn't last very long...about 5 days from start to finish, but this was only the second ob I ever had, so I don't know how long they typically last. My first ob was horrendous...I had no idea what it was. I also take the L-Lysine capsules and Colostrum to help my immune system. I am trying to prevent getting another ob. I'm all for natural healing. I realize it may not completely eradicate the virus, but I'm willing to attempt to eradicate the symptoms.
  11. kdgal

kdgal Newbie

I just ordered some Oil of Oregano from the Life Extention Foundation. I've found they have an amazing quality of vitamins etc. and the prices are quite reasonable! I get my Omega 3 fish oil, lysine and mulit's there. I did some reading up, and it seems it's an all-around great suppliment to take...so even if it doesn't help w/ the H...at least i won't get the flu! :)
  12. Caliope

If you get the oil of oregano please make sure that you have a huge glass of water in front of you ready to drink.

I drop the oil under my tongue but it immediately creates a burning sensation and is very spicy. This is with only 2-3 drops. The water will help to wash it down and halt that sting.
  13. kdgal

kdgal Newbie

It's the oil in capsule form...so no direct contact w/ my mouth!
  14. bluefrog

bluefrog Active Member

well, I think I am going to try this Oil of Oregano.

My previous post in this thread, that I read somewhere about Oregano helping.....well it was in the October 22, 2007 issue of First Magazine and it was about consuming 1 tsp of certain spices each day. Oregano is one of them, the others are: curry, cumin, ginger, thyme, turmeric and sage. they all detox the liver which in turn helps flush estrogen and burn fat.
  15. lola1

lola1 Member

I've been using the Oregano Oil with excellent results..

I've actually studied aromatherapy and the medicinal use of essential oils for many years now..I remember reading about Oregano oil being anti-viral years ago..and especially effective in treating herpes, hepatitis, shingles, AIDS, flu/colds..I've actually heard some people claim they have cured themselves of herpes and hepatitis with the oregano oil..

So recently, I've resurrected my oils kit (I only purchase a brand called Young Living oils..which you have to get online and be a distributer, bc in my opinion, they have the highest quality organic oils..) so I do caution that you must make sure the oils are of the highest quality, organic and food grade,with no aritificial chemicals in them (or they will do more harm than good..)

I've been using the oils for the past few weeks religiously..

I have been rubbing several drops of oregano oil (mixed with a bit of coconut butter) on my entire spine, two times a day, along with a few other anti-viral oils (they are a special blend that the company makes..), and I've also been taking a capsule of the oil once a day (again, mixed with coconut butter..) It does burn a little in the tummy, but that just means it's working, in my opinion!! And also, I 've been putting a mix of the coconut butter and 1 drop of Oregano oil on my genital/labia area before I go to bed....(only one drop of Oregano, which makes it tingle a little, but not burn!) I literally am maranading myself in oils...I completely reek of oregano..it's hilarious!!!

And I do believe it is working!! I have had no symptoms..meaning no outbreaks of course, but also, the tingling I once had in the genital area that radiated down my legs is 100% gone, I used to have a skin sensitivity where the outbreak was, and I couldn't have anything (no underwear or even tight jeans..) rub up against it..or it would itch and get painful and sore..I wore skirts for 2 months straight..now, I am back to wearing my jeans no problem..it's as if the skin is completely healing itself and is no longer affected..

I am about to go on a total body cleansing program from Dherbs.com. I will be eating mostly raw food (fruits, veggies only..maybe a little fish and eggs or I will go insane!!) and am going to continue my oil regime and hopefully that will help even further..!!

I truly truly believe that EVERY "disease" is curable...Western medicine has certain beliefs that the virus they label as "herpes" is not curable..however, many reknowned natural healers believe that outside of the Western medicine framework, it truly is curable!! It may not be easy to cure, it will take some work like emotional and chakra clearing, body cleansing and the use of essential oils that God has given us to heal ourselves with..but I am convinced it is possible and I believe that I am experiencing it myself.

My plan is to keep up the oil protocal along with doing a few body cleanses and anti-parasite cleanses...and in a few months when I feel ready and have burned/purged every last bit of this virus outta my body, I will go ahead and get another blood test. My blood test was a borderline light positive, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't necessarily believe it will go back to a "negative" reading, as I do believe it is possible that the body may hold the "memory" of the antibodies in the blood forever.. for instance, I had rubella and chicken pox when I was younger, and if I test for them now, I will show antibodies in my body, but it does not mean I am currently infected with either one of those viruses..so I expect the hsv virus antibodies may stay in the body, but it doesn't mean the infection is still active. It will be interesting to see...

Bottom line is, anything is possible!!! I do not limit myself to beliefs and dogma that are perpetuated by the medical and pharmaceutical companies..of course they say HSV is incurable..they make bank on the supression of this virus..they don't want us to get rid of it!! They want us on drugs for life...And they can't patent a natural remedy like an essential oil...

Whether or not the oils or other protocals actually "cure" or simply supress it, the goal is to not suffer symptoms from the HSV..so if it works, I'll use it..and if symptoms are contained, the chance of spreading it is less and that can only help a potential partner who is HSV- who we may encounter..and maybe a good preventative measure would be to have a HSV- partner also take the Oregano oil..so that their body would be armed to fight it off and not get infected...then all bases are covered..!!

Good luck to all..and I'll keep you posted and I hope others will share their progress as well..!!
  16. qwerty4321

qwerty4321 Newbie

I ordered some Oreganol p73 capsules, what would be good to combine with it?
  17. qwerty4321

qwerty4321 Newbie

Can you tell us specifically which products you are using?
    Thanks!
  18. jan292008

jan292008 Member

where can i order this?

on what web site can u order this?
  19. lola1

lola1 Member

More info on oils used...

I have been using a blend called "Thieves", which is a blend of cinnamon, thyme, marjoram, clove and perhaps a few others. It gets it's name from the fact that robbers in the age of the Plague would douse themselves with these anit-bacterial/anti-viral oils to protect themselves from disease when they stole jewelry from the dead plague-ridden bodies..I put a few drops under my tongue several times a week and also will dilute with coconut butter and put on my spine a few times a week.

I also have been using a blend called "Valor", and I honestly can't remember all of the ingredients in it, except for one: Blue Tansy, which gives it the blueish-purple color. I remember it balances the body and oxygenates the cells of the body (brings more oxygen to the cells, which keeps them functioning at optimum level), but I can check on that for you. There is more information about these oils, all from "Young Living", which you can look up on the internet as I believe they have a website.
    I put this oil on my spine after I use the Oregano oil twice a day..

Putting the oils along the base of the spine is taken from something called "Raindrop technique," which is based on a Lakota Indian protocal. In this therapy, the patient is laying down on a massage table, 6-7 types of essential oils, many of them anti-viral/anti-bacterial, such as thyme, oregao, basil, marjoram, peppermint and also the Valor blend, are dropped onto's the patient's spine (several drops of each oil, in specific sequence, and one at at time..) Then they are lightly massages into the spine with a feathering technique, this is done with each oil, also the feet are sometimes doused with oils. This has been reported to correct spinal misallignments and may kill virus or pathoges living in the spine or other parts of body. The oils go directly through the cell membrane and can even break the brain barrier..

So to summarize: I use the Oregano, 2/times a day..rub 3-4 drops on my lower spine with a bit of coconut butter. I then put the Valor on my spine on top of that.

I also take 3-4 drops of Oregano in a capsule w/ coconut butter once a day..

I use the Thieves 2 or 3 times week, on the spine with coco butter and a few drops under the tongue sometimes..

Please feel free to e-mail me for some more specific information or any questions...I think everybody's reaction to these oils is very different..so be careful and pay attention. Not that they are toxic, bc they are safe, but watch for skin or internal irritation. If you have sensitive skin, then it is best to go slow and dilute with the coco butter and see what you can tolerate..the oils are powerful and you don't want to irritate your skin and don't touch your eyes or other mucus membrane after applying..that can burn. There is a reason the oils disinegrate virus upon contact..they have powerful components in them...so please be careful to see how much you can tolerate and build up from there..The key is to use them continuously in a dose your body can tolerate so they can spread into the body and effectively eliminate virus or pathogens.

It's great that there is such an interest about this and I thank the original person who started this thread..It prompted me to get my oils kit out and use them again and want to spread my excitement and knowledge about the oils...Thanks!!!
  20. qwerty4321

qwerty4321 Newbie

lola1,
    Has any of the oil treatments worked to rid you of the virus?
    Or is this just a therapy to reduce symptoms?
    Do you do the oil pulling? Or Valtrex, etc?
    Thanks!