1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

Outbreaks on both sides of the body

Discussion in 'About My Outbreaks' started by notlivinglife, Aug 12, 2012.

1. notlivinglife

notlivinglife Member

Does anyone get outbreaks on both sides of their body? I know herpes is not supposed to cross the mid-line but I know some of my outbreaks do. I always get neuropathy just before an outbreak. The tingling starts at the spine then progresses down to my butt. When i get outbreaks on my left side i can also feel tingling in my right side as well. I just want to know if anyone else gets this as well.
  2. Acesheart

Acesheart HC Support Provider

Hey notlivinglife, welcome to our site. Let us help you start living again ok. I get the prodrome symptoms in the base of my tail bone along my spine. It is where the H lives , anywhere in the boxer shorts area..It is possible to get these tingles on one side or both even if you are in an outbreak. Now can I ask what you mean by "midline" , because there are no rules with H.. Here is a book, www.westoverheights.com , it has many great pieces of informations in it to answer some of your H questions. Please stop by Chat and talk with some who have these same issues with H.
    Take care, Ace. :)
  3. notlivinglife

notlivinglife Member

Hello Ace and thanks for the reply. I know there is no "normal" with hsv from reading many posts. I was wondering if people get outbreaks on both sides of their body. From what i have read Herpes is not supposed to cross the mid-line after the primary outbreak. Meaning only on one side of the body not both. I seem to have small outbreaks sometime on both butt cheeks. I get nerve pain in both legs. Kinda like sciatic pain or piriformis pain. I just hope i'm not immunocomprimised having these types of outbreaks. Most are just on my left side but the severe ones occur on both. Anyone ever get this? Thanks in advance
  4. sally51

sally51 Member

I believe you are referring to herpes zoster (shingles), which is not supposed to cross the midline. Herpes simplex can definitely occur on both sides and I think it does in almost everyone that has it.
  5. Acesheart

Hey thank you for explaining the midline thing. My outbreak was all over the vajjay (both sides) and on both sides(inside) the Butt crack.. eww ,gross I know but true. I just didn't know anything of H back then.. I am so happy we have so much informations like we do today. What a wonderful way to meet and get support and get educated from each other. Thanks Sally, I needed translations, lol... I am 49 and learning daily. Truly, Ace :)
  6. notlivinglife

notlivinglife Member

Hello Sally, all of the information i read says that after your primary(first) outebreak herpes will pick one side of the body and the following(recurring) outbreaks will be limited to that side of the body. Do your outbreaks occur on both sides? Anyone else feel free to help me out with this. Thanks
  7. GettinFit

GettinFit Newbie

I'm just getting over my first outbreak of genital hsv-1 and it was on both sides. It started on the lower right side of my vagina, progressed up the right labia, across the clit area, down the left side, then finally a couple in the rectal area. After about a week of the lesions breaking out, I had a day or horribly painful tingling/stinging/burning nerve-type pain in my genital area, buttocks, and down the backs of both thighs. The next day it felt more like tingly numbness rather than being so painful, and today I have the low back pain. It is a little worse on the right side, but definitely there on both sides. I also had swollen lymph nodes in both sides of my groin.
  8. Joperty

Joperty Active Member

I get obs both sides of my body! Only one side would be nice, I could compare at the end of an ob to check its all normal again lol :-D
  9. blondegirl

blondegirl Member

Search the net. Everywhere it says that hsv does not cross midline except in initial ob. I never had it do taht. Lately i get random red bumps (1 at a time or 2 one on each side of butt - no where near each other). They aren't clusters or blisters like ive always had. I have no idea if they are hsv or not and it is driving me nuts. I have had two swabbed and both showed nothing. I have nerve pain in the genitals much o the time with or without ob. It is driving me nuts.
  10. Acesheart

My initial outbreak was from hole to hole, vag and anus h sores, yuckkk!! The second outbreak very small vag area last about 5 days I can't really say what side initially it started on, but second outbreak middle of vag, three or tiny sores. I'm hoping to go dormant again for another 23 years. That's how long it stayed dormant. I've had h for 24 years. Take care, Ace :)
  11. Acesheart

My initial outbreak was from hole to hole, vag and anus h sores, yuckkk!! The second outbreak very small vag area last about 5 days I can't really say what side initially it started on, but second outbreak middle of vag, three or tiny sores. I'm hoping to go dormant again for another 23 years. That's how long it stayed dormant. I've had h for 24 years. Take care, Ace :)