1. To search, chat and ask questions, please join us (it's free) or log in.

The importance of Arginine in the body??

Discussion in 'Food, Drink, Diet & Recipes for Herpes' started by HAF932, Mar 31, 2010.

1. HAF932

HAF932 Member

Since HSV feeds off of Arginine, it must have some relevance in the body right? All i keep hearing is how people want to get low levels of the Arginine amino acid in their body in order to "starve" the HSV virus but by doing that are we causing any adverse effects on the long run for our health?

Some interesting quotes below. Gah! Figures the pesky little virus would choose an important piece of the body to feed off of

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/benefits-of-l-arginine.html

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. kittyglitter

kittyglitter Newbie

I'm assuming that, because arginine is non-essential and can be made within the body, you only need to have a small amount in your diet. Therefore having a diet low in arginine shouldn't cause problems if you're otherwise healthy.

I'm not a doctor or anything, that's just my view on it :)
  3. sothissucks

sothissucks Newbie

Yeah I'm worried about this arginine link too....

Arginine is a great NO (nitric oxide) booster and used by guy at the gym for this as well as the other positive benefits as mentioned above...